BALTIMORE, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Under Armour (NYSE: UA, UA.C), will open the doors of its newest specialty retail location tomorrow, November 3, at the Prudential Center in Boston's Back Bay, one of the city's most vibrant and popular retail destinations. With a focus on cutting-edge products and design, the Boston Brand House serves as a striking example of the brand's commitment to offering customers an unparalleled shopping experience.
Featuring men's, women's and youth apparel, footwear and accessories, the Boston Brand House is the region's signature space to shop a full line of Under Armour products that make athletes look, feel and perform their best.
- Featuring nearly 19,000 square feet of interactive retail space across two floors, the brand's latest innovations are highlighted across various product categories, including training, running, basketball, golf, studio, outdoor, team sports, youth and footwear.
- Delivering a fully immersive brand experience, Under Armour tells its brand story through digital displays that inform and inspire. Youth customers are engaged with the Optojump experience, an interactive readiness/skill test that helps athletes measure speed, power, and reaction.
- A wall map in the fitting rooms follows a run path from the perspective of the brand's Connected Fitness running community. The path starts at the Brand House leading to Boston's most historical and well-known trail; each fitting room represents a mile marker and landmark along the renowned trail.
- The store offers a dedicated space for the new UAS™ label of modern American sportswear. UAS™ is designed to artfully fuse the worlds of sports and fashion, while delivering intuitive product optimized for the variable conditions of everyday life.
"Bostonians have a true passion for sports and a fortitude that is hard to rival - qualities which are the essence of the Under Armour Brand," said Susie McCabe, Senior Vice President of Global Retail. "The Under Armour Boston Brand House will highlight our commitment to making all athletes better through performance and innovation, while providing consumers with an elevated shopping experience."
"Boston has become my home in so many different ways over the past decade and a half, and I'm thrilled to welcome Under Armour to this city," said Under Armour elite athlete partner, Tom Brady. "Sports run deep here and the passion for competition is unlike any city in the world. The mindset of demanding greatness—whether on the field or in the stands—is what drives this city, and is why Under Armour is such a great fit here."
The Boston Brand House will offer localized Boston apparel that celebrates the legacy of the city in both sport and style including Boston Red Sox gear and the New England Patriots NFL Combine Authentic Team collection. The store will also feature gear that celebrates an existing partnership with iconic local athletic institution, Boston College.
In conjunction with the store opening, Under Armour is hosting the "50 Flight Fight" Tower Climb at the Prudential Tower on Saturday, November 5 beginning at 9 a.m.
- The race is open to the general public and benefits the toughest athletes in Boston: the city's first responders.
- The top two contenders with the fastest stair climbing times from the day's first race will face off in a head-to-head challenge up another 50 flights for the chance to win a $5,000 cash prize.
- For the grand finale, the Boston Police Department and Boston Fire Department will face off for a chance to win $10,000 to be directed towards community outreach programs or upgrades to their fitness facilities.
- Competitors will begin at the Boston Brand House and finish at the top of the Prudential Tower at the Skywalk Observatory.
The Boston Brand House will be open Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., on Sundays 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and can be reached at 617-236-1723. For more information on Under Armour and the Boston Brand House, please visit UA.com and @UnderArmour on Twitter and Instagram using #UABoston.
About Under Armour, Inc.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA, UA.C), the originator of performance footwear, apparel and equipment, revolutionized how athletes across the world dress. Designed to make all athletes better, the brand's innovative products are sold worldwide to athletes at all levels. The Under Armour Connected Fitness™ platform powers the world's largest digital health and fitness community through a suite of applications: UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal. The Under Armour global headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland. For further information, please visit the Company's website at www.uabiz.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161102/435489
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161102/435490
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161102/435491
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110127/NE37387LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/under-armour-expands-to-bostons-back-bay-with-its-largest-brand-house-opening-of-2016-300356119.html
SOURCE Under Armour, Inc.