SAN FRANCISCO, April 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Unison Home Ownership Investors, the leading provider of home ownership investments, today announced its participation at FinovateSpring 2017 at the San Jose Convention Center, April 26-27.
FinovateSpring 2017 is one of the only conferences focused exclusively on showcasing the best and most innovative new financial technologies. After undergoing a competitive screening process, Unison was handpicked to demo the power of its platform and present its Unison HomeBuyer and Unison HomeOwner programs.
Unison's home ownership investments help address many of today's major economic and financial issues, including:
- Declining home ownership rate, especially among first time buyers and millennials (Over the past 10 years, the rate for Americans 35 and under decreased from 43 percent to 35 percent)
- Enormous student debt burden ($1.2 trillion impacting >40M families)
- House-rich cash-poor baby boomer generation who are now retiring and would like to age in the home they love (By 2030, the number of Americans 65 and over is expected to increase by over 55 percent and unfunded retiree expenses are expected to total more than $500 billion)
- Scarcity of attractive investments for long-liability inflation-hedging investors with important social mandates like pension funds and endowments (Residential real estate accounts for approximately 15 percent of U.S. GDP and comprises approximately 42 percent of the Consumer Price Index)
- Need for private risk capital in the housing markets (Only 5 percent of all residential mortgage securitizations in 2016 were non-agency, versus an average of 20% non-agency over the past two decades)
- Need to de-lever consumer balance sheets (Overall household debt is currently $12.58 trillion and current trends indicate it will reach the Q3 2008 all-time peak of $12.68 trillion within a few months)
WHAT: FinovateSpring 2017 attendees will see firsthand how Unison's platform addresses these challenges by connecting funds from institutional investors to consumers who need capital to buy a home or homeowners who seek liquidity from their home without borrowing.
WHEN: April 27 at 9:00am
WHERE: San Jose Convention Center, Calif.
FinovateSpring is a demo-based conference for innovative startups and established companies in the fields of banking and financial technology. Held in San Jose, the event offers an insight-packed glimpse into the future of money via a fast-paced, intimate, and unique format. FinovateSpring is organized by The Finovate Group. For more information on the event or to view videos of previous demos, please visit finovate.com.
About Unison Home Ownership Investors
Unison introduced the home ownership investment category in 2007. Unison provides homeowners with long-term financing in exchange for the opportunity to share in the gain or loss in the home's value when they decide to sell – up to 30 years later. There are no interest charges or monthly payments on the investment. Over the last decade, we've become the largest home ownership investor and expanded nationwide by working with lenders, regulators and institutional investors to integrate home ownership investing into the U.S. housing finance system. What sets Unison apart is true partnership: we invest at the same home value as the homeowner and share with them the downside risk and upside potential - in Unison.
Unison HomeBuyer opens the door for people to buy the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the purchaser's down payment. This larger down payment makes it easier to qualify for a loan, increases buying power, lowers the monthly payment and/or allows a buyer to reserve cash. Unison HomeOwner provides cash now to current homeowners without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC. Homeowners use the money to eliminate debt, remodel, pay for school, invest, or as a cash cushion for financial stability.
Director of Corporate Communications
Account Director, MWWPR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unison-showcases-home-ownership-investment-programs-at-finovatespring-2017-300441904.html
SOURCE Unison Home Ownership Investors