WELLESLEY, Mass., Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Babson College the No. 1 undergraduate school for entrepreneurship in the United States for the 20th consecutive time, ahead of such institutions as University of Pennsylvania, MIT, and NYU.
Other schools rounding out this year's Top 5 list are:
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
3. University of Pennsylvania
4. University of California-Berkeley
4. University of Southern California (tie)
"We are honored to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report for an unprecedented 20th consecutive time," said Babson President Kerry Healey. "Babson College founded the academic discipline of entrepreneurship and has fostered its evolution throughout our history, redefining entrepreneurship to mean more than starting a business and redefining business to mean more than making a profit. As we approach our second century, Babson is the acknowledged leader in entrepreneurship education and we remain committed to educating entrepreneurial leaders who create great social and economic value everywhere."
Each year, U.S. News & World Report ranks undergraduate business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This reputational ranking reflects the high esteem that leaders in the field of business education hold for Babson College's faculty and undergraduate degree. The magazine surveys business school deans and senior faculty.
"We are pleased to receive this recognition from U.S. News & World Report. Such acknowledgment from peers and the press recognizes the pioneering and leading work of our faculty, campus community, and institutional partners. Together, they provide a transformative undergraduate education that integrates Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® across a curriculum, bringing together an elite business education with the intellectual and cultural environment of the best liberal arts institutions," said Ian Lapp, Babson College Undergraduate School Dean.
This ranking success is just the latest achievement for the College's programs.
- Babson College established its Global Entrepreneur in Residence Program – becoming the first private college to offer a program that retains talent and fosters innovation in the United States by supporting international entrepreneurs.
- Babson Breakaway Challenge accelerates the growth of women-led businesses with a competition for $250,000 in funding. Grand prize will be awarded at the Finale on Friday, September 30, 2016, as a part of HUBweek Boston.
- Babson College's Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab continues to spark new women-led ventures with the launch of its newest program in Miami.
- Babson College expanded its Boston presence for students, alumni, and partners by relocating its city campus to Boston's Financial District.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-news--world-report-ranks-babson-college-no-1-for-entrepreneurship-for-20th-consecutive-time-300327039.html
SOURCE Babson College