NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Communications Inc., in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multi-platform content offering for NBCUniversal's coverage of the Games of the XXXI Olympiad from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to commence on Friday, August 5, and run through Sunday, August 21. Fios TV subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal's unprecedented 6,755 hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of all competition sessions, on-demand.
In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA Network, Telemundo, NBC Universo, and two linear sport-specific specialty channels, subscribers can stay connected to the Rio Olympics wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, America's premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a driver of significant TV Everywhere engagement.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Fios TV customers to watch and be a part of the 2016 Olympic Games through their televisions, PCs, mobile and tablet apps, and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal's Olympics Experience Available to Verizon Customers Includes:
- Linear Networks: NBC Olympics is utilizing nine NBCUniversal broadcast and cable networks to present the Games: NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA Network, and Spanish-language networks Telemundo and NBCUniverso. It is also providing Verizon with two specialty channels – one for basketball (channel 591 in HD) and one for soccer (channel 598 in HD) – for 11 linear networks of Olympic coverage in all.
- NBCOlympics.com & the NBC Sports app: Olympic live streaming content is available at NBCOlympics.com for PCs and via the NBC Sports app for mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs for verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes USA Network and who log-in to the site or app.
- NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app will once again feature live streaming coverage of all Olympic competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Verizon customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Verizon customers can also use the Fios Mobile App to watch all live Olympic content that is airing on NBCU's broadcast and cable channels anywhere in their home.
- NBC Olympics: Rio News & Results app: The NBC Olympics: Rio News & Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports app, which provides comprehensive live streaming coverage of the Games.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and select full-event rewinds available via Verizon's Video-On-Demand service.
- Pre-Games: Beginning last month and continuing through the Olympic Games, viewers can access more than 200 pre-Games clips in HD via set-top box and Verizon's website, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- In-Games: As a complement to the more than 2,000 hours of linear programming dedicated to the Rio Games, NBCUniversal will also offer original digital-only programing each day during the Games.
- Beginning on August 6, Gold Zone, an exclusive video channel on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, will offer more than 100 hours of whip-around coverage of the most popular live action from the Rio Games. The channel, which will stream from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET on most days, will allow verified MVPD viewers to experience multiple events, as they happen.
- In addition, NBCOlympics.com will present The Daily Dismount, a gymnastics post-game studio show which will feature highlights and analysis of each day's gymnastics competitions.
- Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 800 highlight clips and 200 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an event's completion, all in HD, available via NBCOlympics.com, the NBC Sports app and MVPD set-top box.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of nearly 162,700 and generated nearly $132 billion in 2015 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 113.2 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premiere all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide
About NBC Olympics
A division of NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal's Olympic coverage. It is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history. The 2012 London Olympics were watched by 217 million Americans across the networks of NBCUniversal, making it the most-watched event in U.S. television history.
Verizon Media Contacts:
Ray McConville: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of nearly 162,700 and generated nearly $132 billion in 2015 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 113.2 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premiere all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.
Verizon's Online News Center: News releases, feature stories, executive biographies and media contacts are available at Verizon's online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/verizon-fios-brings-customers-nbcuniversals-coverage-of-2016-rio-olympics-august-5-21-300309151.html