Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones Turn the World into Your Corner Office New LG Fathom Smartphone Gives Customers Global Capabilities
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24 /PRNewswire/ --Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Fathom™ will be available in Verizon Wireless business sales channels beginning May 27 and online and in Communications Stores beginning June 3. The ultimate on-the-go office, the LG Fathom redefines productivity with Windows Phone power, stylish design and smart global capabilities for making voice calls in more than 220 countries and accessing data in 200 countries, 110 with 3G speeds.
- Sleek slate blue case takes customers from Monday meetings to Friday outings
- Large 3.2" touch screen with Improved Touch Experience and vibration for tactile feedback
- 1 GHz processor
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
- microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Wi-Fi® enabled (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phone book access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, and serial port
- Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- Windows® Media Player 10 Mobile and video player for WMV, MP4, and 3GP formats
- USB mass storage for file transfer between microSD card and PC
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
- Text to speech and voice-activated dialing for up to 4,000 entries
Additional lifestyle features:
- Dedicated task manager key for quick access to mobile Task Manager
- Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync allows users to synchronize Outlook®, Office® and contents from Microsoft Exchange Server® to keep personal information organized and updated
- View and edit with Excel® Mobile, OneNote® Mobile and Word® Mobile or view important presentations with PowerPoint® Mobile
- Scroll, zoom and view rich PDF content with Adobe® Reader LE
- Global roaming frequency automatically switches from CDMA/EVDO to GSM/UMTS depending on geographic location
- VZ Navigator® capabilities – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- VZ Navigator Global capabilities – Get turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating through more than 20 destinations such as Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using the Local Search feature
- Wireless manager enables and disables wireless connectivity for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular network
- Luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone
- Text and send clear images and fun animations through Flash User interface support
- International charger plus up to four different adapter clips for multi-country use
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
- Panorama for three guided, sequential shots
- Continuous shot for up to six consecutive photos
- Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sounds and color effects and a self-timer
- Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Video recording time up to one minute for sending or up to one hour for saving
Pricing and availability:
- The LG Fathom will be available in business sales channels beginning May 27 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning June 3 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- LG Fathom customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- Business customers interested in the LG Fathom can contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world's leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless