Walmart.com Brings Back Top-Selling Black Friday Weekend Favorites for Green Monday Retailer brings back five online top-sellers from Black Friday weekend on December 9; Second Monday in December, or "Green Monday," a growing traffic and sales trend for retailer
SAN BRUNO, Calif., Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On the heels of a record Black Friday Weekend and Cyber Monday, Walmart.com is offering customers another chance to shop the hottest and most surprising deals from Black Friday weekend with a one-day only "Green Monday" cyber event on Dec. 9.
Green Monday refers to the second Monday of December, which is becoming a leading traffic and sales day for online shopping. According to comScore, Green Monday was the third-highest online shopping day of the 2012 holiday shopping season. Green Monday on Walmart.com will offer more than 300 online specials, with ten popular deals returning from Black Friday weekend, including five of Walmart.com's top sellers and five best sellers that may surprise customers.
"The second Monday in December, known as Green Monday, was Walmart.com's highest traffic day in December for two years running, and has always been one of the highest trafficked days of the year," said Joel Anderson, President & CEO, Walmart.com U.S. "With just over two weeks until Christmas, customers who missed out on the great deals last week still have a chance to get the best prices on the hottest gifts, still in stock, one more time."
"Green Monday" Savings
The five top-selling Black Friday weekend items Walmart.com is bringing back for customers on Dec. 9 include Walmart.com's top sellers across TVs, tablets and toys at their lowest prices:
- LEGO Fun with Bricks Building Set, 600 pieces for $15 (a $14 savings)
- Canon Black PowerShot SX160 IS 16MP 16x Optical Zoom Digital Camera for $79 (a $90 savings)
- HP 7" Tablet Intel Atom Processor with 8GB Memory featuring Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) for $89 (a $40 savings)
- SCEPTRE X405BV-FHDR 40" LED Class 1080P HDTV with ultra slim metal brush bezel, 60Hz for $249 (a $150 savings)
- Zoomer Robot Dog with Bonus Hoodie for $79 (a $20 savings)
While Electronics and Toys are popular, many of the best-selling items from Black Friday weekend may surprise some customers. Walmart.com has identified these and will also offer them on Dec. 9:
- 4x8 Photo Greeting Card for $0.28
- Garth Brooks: Blame It All On My Roots (6 CD and 2 DVD) Walmart Exclusive for $24.96
- Keurig K60 Single Serve Coffeemaker Brewing System for $139
- Ematic 8-in-1 Universal Accessory Kit with Portable Bluetooth Speakerbox for $20
- Wrangler Men's Relaxed Fit Jeans for $15.77
Early Access to Green Monday, Free Shipping
Walmart's email, Facebook and mobile customers will be invited to an early shopping event on Sunday afternoon, Dec. 8, to be the FIRST to shop 20 of the best Green Monday items before they are widely available.
Throughout this holiday season, Walmart.com is also offering free shipping on all orders of $35 or more – nearly 99 percent of Walmart.com items are eligible. Online orders can also be shipped to local Walmart stores and in many instances, be picked up as early as the same day.
Additional "Green Monday" Online Specials
Walmart.com has more than doubled the number of products on its site this holiday to six million items since last holiday, including top-brand tablets, high-definition televisions, toys, apparel and more. In addition to the top-selling deals, 300 online specials will be offered on Green Monday, including:
- Xbox One Day One Edition Solution Bundle (choice of game or accessory) for $617 (while supplies last)
- Dyson DC33 Multi-floor Bagless Vacuum for $299
- LG 50" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV for $548
- Boys' License Character Pajama Robe for $9
- Faded Glory Kid's Sherpa Lined Fleece Hoodie (Boys or Girls) for $8
- Olay Gift Sets for $8.88
- Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor for $39
- Cuisinart Griddler Grill for $79
- 500-count Lite-Lock Mini Christmas Light Set for $9.96
- Hoover SteamVac SpinScrub Carpet Washer for $85
- Philips Sonicare Essence E5300 Power Toothbrush for $29.97
- Disney Cars or Disney Princess 6-Volt Scooter for $49
- Hot Wheels Ultimate Track Set for $59.97
- Roku 3 Streaming Player with 6' HDMI Cable for $88
- HP Sparkling Black 14" Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop PC for $328
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.