WDIV-TV and The Detroit News Exclusive Poll: Republican Candidate Rick Snyder Takes Early Lead in Michigan Gubernatorial Race
POLL SHOWS BOTH CANDIDATES STRONG WITH PARTY SUPPORTERS, INDEPENDENTS BOOST SNYDER CAMPAIGN
Exclusive Poll Details To Be Released On Local 4 News and ClickOnDetroit.com
DETROIT, Aug. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- An exclusive WDIV Local 4 and The Detroit News poll shows Republican candidate Rick Snyder has taken an early lead in the Michigan Gubernatorial race over Democratic candidate Virg Bernero. According to survey results, Snyder holds a 50.7% to 31.5% lead over Bernero (+/- 4%), with 17.8% of the participants still undecided.
The survey reveals both candidates appear to be securing their party's base of supporters, however independent voters are providing a boost to the Snyder campaign.
"As we saw before in the primary election, Bernero appears to be starting off in a hole, down by 19 points to Snyder," said Richard Czuba, president of the Glengariff Group, Inc. and pollster for Local 4 News. "It's the independent voters who will decide this election, and at the moment the boost they have given to Snyder has clearly put him in a good position. But with nearly 18% of voters still undecided, there still is room for movement. There's still 2 1/2 months left in this campaign, and that's a lifetime in politics."
The WDIV Local 4 and The Detroit News exclusive poll was conducted by Glengariff Group, Inc., using a 600-person sample of likely general election voters statewide. The live operator telephone survey has a margin of error of +/- 4% with a 95% level of confidence.
The effort to delve deeper into the opinions of voters with exclusive surveys is a part of WDIV's long-standing commitment to being a leader in providing comprehensive election coverage and focus on important local and national political issues. Upcoming Local 4 Decision 2010 election initiatives include:
- Free Air Time, offering an opportunity for qualified candidates for key races in the WDIV viewer area to directly address voters in the 30 days prior to the general election.
- Voter's Voice, allowing viewers to ask questions directly to candidates through the stations.
- Voter Video Patrol, giving cameras to voters to take into their neighborhoods and document issues facing their communities to show candidates what voters are concerned about.
- Ad Watch and Truth Test, checking the facts on political ad claims.
- Candidate Comparisons, comparing candidates' history and political positions.
- The Ultimate Voter Guide, a step-by-step complete resource guide on-air and online designed to help voters become familiar with sample of their ballots, operation of their voting machine, and information regarding their polling location.
More by this Source
WDIV-TV Local 4 Sweeps to Victory In November
Nov 27, 2013, 16:48 ET
WDIV-TV Local 4 Launches New Show "Live in the D"
Aug 08, 2013, 13:14 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.