- Connectivity between the two solutions will allow companies to pair up heterogeneous devices and applications throughout the enterprise, facilitating device-to-cloud communication and business process automation.
- The connectivity will also support enterprise customers in connecting physical assets and inventory with an intelligent digital dashboard so employees can remotely monitor and control the movement of assets according to strategic, real-time business decisions.
- The offering gives developers a ready-to-use solution and set of integrated tools to create open-standard IoT applications to drive SAP line-of-business applications.
- Zatar is the first standard-based and ARM mbed-enabled IoT Cloud Service that helps accelerate the adoption of IoT products.
- Zebra and SAP channel partners can work together now on the IoT Solution Architecture for end-user customers leveraging Zatar and SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
Tom Bianculli, vice president, Enterprise Technology Office, Zebra Technologies
"Given the potential business value afforded by operational visibility, companies are racing to link assets and inventory to the IoT. By connecting Zatar to SAP HANA Cloud Platform, we are enabling companies to connect devices and sensors to the IoT in a way that can be utilized in real time and mined for data and insights. This helps organizations quickly roll out IoT deployments in a way that offers greater visibility and control."
Thorsten Leiduck, global vice president, ISV Ecosystem, SAP
"We are excited about our agreement to connect these two powerful platforms in what we expect to be a beneficial solution for companies venturing into the IoT. Enterprises in industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail and T&L should be able to realize enormous value from harnessing sensor data and connected devices in the IoT, so long as they also have the insight and analytics to make informed business decisions."
Website: Zebra Technologies
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SAP, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-Looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zebra-technologies-teams-up-with-sap-to-help-companies-speed-ramp-up-of-internet-of-things-deployments-300240073.html
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation