Ethicon Endo-Surgery Introduces Innovative New Generator to Help Simplify Use of Advanced Energy Technology in the OR
First System to Combine Ultrasonic and Advance Bipolar Power into One Simple Design Allowing Surgical Teams More Time to Focus on the Patient Rather Than Technology
CINCINNATI, June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to help simplify the OR, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. (EES) today announces U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance and the launch of the first ever Advanced Energy Generator made to power both ultrasonic and advanced bipolar technologies and designed for easy set set-up and use in the operating room.
"The operating theatre is a fast-paced and sometimes stressful place," says Judith Butt, Theatre Nurse, Prince Charles Hospital, Wales, UK (the EES Generator launched earlier this year in the UK). "We need technologies that are intuitive to use so we can devote more of our time to the patient's needs."
The new EES Generator has several innovative features that enable the delivery of advanced energy technology and meet the need to simplify the OR including:
- One unit that powers all current and next generation HARMONIC® ultrasonic and ENSEAL® advanced bipolar devices. This includes the newly launched ENSEAL® G2 Super Jaw technology designed to offer surgeons strong, uniform compression while remaining gentle on thick tissue.
- Intuitive touch screen technology display that provides user feedback.
- More compact and light weight than other generators. Its portable design and optional rolling stand make it easy to move in and around the Operating Room.
- On-screen diagnostics that provide step-by-step animations, allowing the user to quickly set-up and troubleshoot.
- Upgradable software feature that gives hospital access to the latest EES energy products and upgrades without the need to purchase additional capital equipment.
"We listened to nurses and surgeons from around the world as we designed the new EES Generator," said Brian Noyes, Global Product Director for the EES Generator, "This new generator is a direct result of that feedback: simplifying the OR by freeing up space, providing an intuitive user interface and troubleshooting to give the surgical team more time to focus on the patient rather than operation of the technology."
About Ethicon Endo-Surgery Advanced Energy
Ethicon Endo-Surgery is a leader in advanced energy solutions. The company offers a broad portfolio of ultrasonic energy devices using HARMONIC® technology and advanced bipolar energy devices using ENSEAL® technology.
HARMONIC® ultrasonic devices combine precision and multifunctionality: With a jaw and blade designed for precise dissection, sealing and transection, one device enables surgeons to perform multiple jobs without instrument exchanges.
ENSEAL® advanced bipolar devices are strong on sealing, yet gentle on tissue. With complete and strong seals, the I-BLADE® delivers uniform compression across the entire length of the jaw and seal strength that withstands up to seven times normal systolic pressure(1).
About Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Ethicon Endo-Surgery develops and markets advanced medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures, focusing on procedure-enabling devices for the interventional diagnosis and treatment of conditions in general and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal health, gynecology and surgical oncology. More information can be found at www.ethiconendosurgery.com.
(1) Tested in porcine carotid arteries. Normal systolic = 120mm Hg. Data on file.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery Energy Solutions
SOURCE Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.