NEW YORK, Nov. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- (ONUG Fall 2015) -- Today at the Open Networking User Group (ONUG) Fall 2015 event, Glue Networks revealed support for multi-vendor orchestration across routers, switches, WAN optimization, and controllers, including Citrix Cloudbridge and Cisco® IWAN. More information is available at http://gluenetworks.com/solutions/.
Gluware 2.0 multi-vendor proof of concept at ONUG highlights the following benefits:
- Vendor-agnostic platform: Eliminates the need for network engineers to learn specific syntax and semantic rules for the command-line interface (CLI) of supported device features.
- Single graphical user interface: Gluware Control allows for the management of multi-vendor devices in a single, easy to use interface for better organization, asset control, tracking, and life-cycle management of network appliances at remote sites or branches.
- Unified policy orchestration: Provides a single platform for orchestrating security, compliance and control policies on supported devices across the network.
- Extensibility: Gluware Lab allows for custom configuration of additional devices not already supported in Gluware Control.
Glue Networks at ONUG Fall 2015
- A global pharma case study: Jeff Gray, CEO and co-founder of Glue Networks and Rahsaan Akbar, practice manager at Dimension Data will co-present a case study where Gluware SD-WAN orchestration is deployed in a major global pharma company at 1:40pm ET on Thursday, Nov. 5.
- See http://opennetworkingusergroup.com/agenda/ for more details.
- Working group panel and live Gluware 2.0 demo: Jeff Gray of Glue Networks will be presenting a demo on SDN federation, operability and orchestration as part of a panel at 1:45pm ET on Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- Live Gluware 2.0 demo: Olivier Huynh Van, CTO and co-founder of Glue Networks, will be presenting a demo of the Gluware 2.0 SD-WAN multi-vendor capabilities and features for the SD-WAN POC working group at 2:30pm ET on Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- ONUG Academy session: Dr. Nick Feamster of Princeton University will be conducting an ONUG Academy session on wide-area SDN featuring Glue Networks technology at 9:00am ET on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- See http://opennetworkingusergroup.com/onug-academy/ for more details.
Jeff Gray, CEO and co-founder, Glue Networks, said: "CIOs need a way to prevent significant and costly network outages. The ability to detect and remediate configuration errors in near real-time can make the difference between the enterprise making or losing millions of dollars a day. As the market transitions to a more software defined and NFV world, the opportunity for manual or automated configuration errors and outages increases dramatically. As networks become more feature rich and diverse, a platform that understands the network state across multiple vendors, features, network devices and controllers is instrumental in bringing the level of automation and orchestration required for the future state that users are demanding."
Chalan Aras, vice president and general manager, CloudBridge, Citrix Systems, Inc., said: "Citrix is committed to providing customers with choice and flexibility as they embrace a software-defined WAN architecture to seamlessly orchestrate a complex WAN in real-time. Gluware 2.0's ability to orchestrate real-time configuration changes to Citrix CloudBridge will enable our customers to realize the true benefit of business agility in a multi-vendor environment."
Jason Rolleston, senior director, product management, enterprise routing, Cisco Systems, Inc., said: "Cisco is committed to supporting open networking. Our close collaboration with Glue Networks demonstrates our conviction of working with an ecosystem of partners who are able to deliver integrated solutions that enable enhanced customer choice."
Nick Lippis, co-founder and vice chairman, Open Networking User Group, said:
"Glue Network's network-aware, customizable SD-WAN orchestration platform is built around the DevOps principles of designing, validating, deploying and managing SD-WAN, now for multiple vendor environments. This simplifies network deployment through the reduction of manual processes and automating many process tasks, which boost network agility and enables control of network evolution which is what the ONUG community has been advocating."
About Glue Networks
Glue Networks boosts the agility and reduces the complexity of managing distributed networks by intelligently orchestrating network policies and simplifying deployment and operations in order to meet the evolving needs of the enterprise. For more information, visit http://www.gluenetworks.com/.
© 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix and CloudBridge are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Peggy Tierney Galvin
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE Glue Networks