MIAMI, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TigerDirect, a subsidiary of Systemax Inc. (NYSE: SYX), today announced that Kevin O'Leary – aka Mr. Wonderful from ABC's hit TV show "Shark Tank" – will keynote the company's TigerDirect Innovation: IT Conference and Expo presented by Lenovo, an exclusive business-to-business (B2B) sector symposium to be held during the Third Annual TigerDirect Tech Bash on November 7, 2014 at the new Marlins Park in Miami.
The entrepreneur, author and TV fixture that has been known to serve heaping doses of tough love with his sage advice will kick off the inaugural event, addressing small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) about how technology is key to leveling the playing field with big companies.
"I am proud to be a part of TigerDirect's first-ever business innovation event and hope that my keynote, along with the lineup of exciting sessions, inspires attendees to rethink their approach to technology," said O'Leary. "The cloud, digital payment ecosystems and other tech trends are turning small and medium businesses on their heads, and this event will help them keep pace with technological advances and provide the edge they need to stay ahead of the curve."
"As a company that is successfully serving the IT needs of the SMB and public sector markets for more than 25 years now, it is our responsibility to stay ahead of tech trends, encourage our customers embrace next-generation solutions and services in order to grow, and bring together industry power players – such as Kevin O'Leary – to show them how it's done," said Steven Leeds, Director of Corporate Marketing at TigerDirect.
O'Leary will be joined by a range of top companies and subject matter experts that will lead a series of breakout sessions at the TigerDirect Innovation: IT Conference and Expo regarding the latest technology trends and solutions for the B2B space. In addition to the three pre-announced breakout sessions by title sponsor, Lenovo, the event will include eight additional sessions, covering such topics as:
- "Cloud Computing- How it's transforming IT and what this means for your business?" Find out how you can leverage the cloud to centralize your data and increase your business's efficiency.
- "IT and Education – What does the 21st Century Classroom really look like?" The 21st Century classroom will deliver powerful learning outcomes using a dynamic and technologically driven environment. See what makes it all possible and why it is so exciting.
- "Data is everywhere - find out how to secure your data." Data is stored across many places – both private and public. Learn how to secure that data from an increasing amount of IT threats against your business.
- "How the new IT is transforming healthcare." Technological and digital innovations are transforming the healthcare sector as we know it. Learn about those driving forces and more.
- "Migrate from Windows XP and Sever 2000 to the next great platform." It's time to upgrade! Find out why upgrading is vital, and how it will benefit your business.
- "Bring Your Own Device To Work? Discover how best practices for small and large businesses." Learn how employees bringing in their own devices to work will transform the workplace and why businesses of varying sizes should implement this practice.
- "The Data Center – What is the right Server, Storage, and Networking strategy for your business?" Data centers are complex and crucial infrastructure for today's modern businesses. Learn how to create an effective data center that will keep up with your business' demands.
- "Borderless and wireless networking – Fast and secure." Smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices continue to grow in popularity among businesses for their powerful on-the-go capabilities. Understand how to integrate and manage these devices to become a more agile business.
For more on the event, please visit: www.tigertechbash.com/innovation/.
For more than 25 years, TigerDirect.com has served the technology needs of both personal and business users, selling consumer electronics, computers, digital media technology and peripherals via business-to-business, Internet and catalog channels. Beyond its vast product offerings, TigerDirect has become a trusted partner to hundreds of thousands of SMB and public sector organizations by providing a suite of IT solutions and services. TigerDirect.com is a subsidiary of Systemax Inc.
About Systemax Inc.:
Systemax Inc. (www.systemax.com), a Fortune 1000 company, sells industrial and computer products through a system of branded e-Commerce websites, relationship marketers and retail stores in North America and Europe. The primary brands are Global Industrial, MISCO, Inmac Wstore and TigerDirect.