ROANOKE, Va., July 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Meridium®, Inc. (www.meridium.com), the global leader in asset performance management (APM) software and services, today announced the immediate availability of Meridium Enterprise APM version 4.2. The newest version of Meridium's Enterprise APM solution was previewed during the 2016 Meridium annual conference in Dallas, Texas.
Meridium's Enterprise APM connects disparate plant systems and uses the data collected to predict and prevent asset failures, helping companies avoid costly downtime, lost production and health, safety and environmental events. APM version 4.2 has the added benefits of a new solution offering, APM Analytics, with machine learning capabilities, and Lifecycle Cost Analysis, as well as expanded, seamless integration, and increased mobile capabilities that provide industrial organizations with a deeper understanding of their assets.
"Since the release of Meridium Enterprise APM version 4.0, we have been listening to our customers and diligently working on what's next – and that hard work has culminated with version 4.2," said Meridium founder and CEO Bonz Hart. "Our latest offering provides end-to-end APM value. By combining machine learning algorithms and data insights we've collected over the past 25 years, we're able to help our customers develop actionable, strategic plans and enhance asset reliability no matter the environment."
Meridium customers will benefit from the next wave of functional and user experience improvements, including:
- Cognitive Analytics: As Meridium's machine learning framework, using models constantly trained and updated by a database with deep industry data, Cognitive Analytics organizes, qualifies and mines data to identify failure patterns that may have been missed through traditional analytical methods.
- Lifecycle Cost Analysis: This new functionality helps accurately determine a complete life cycle cost plan for assets from acquisition to retirement, providing insight for analysts and accountants with a complete, upfront understanding of the costs associated with owning and operating assets at an expected performance level. Users will be able to make smarter vendor and service contract selections, as well as overhaul and maintenance strategy decisions, which are optimized from a complete life cycle perspective.
- Asset Strategy Library: Meridium's Asset Strategy Library will be available as a standard, embedded capability that includes predefined asset management strategies for more than 650 equipment types, so organizations can easily accelerate the development of intelligent strategies to see quicker results and return on investment.
- Mobility for Field Inspections: Meridium is now extending mobile, offline data collection capabilities for field inspectors and instrument technicians. Regardless of device or location, field workers can now document their findings at the point of inspection, leveraging API-based inspection and safety system proof test applications, which ensure accurate, timely assessments of compliance activities and emerging threats.
- GE Analytics: Meridium GE Analytics provides connectors for both GE® System 1 and GE® SmartSignal with out-of-the-box analytics to deliver value quickly. Operators can easily configure these systems with integration into Meridium Health Manager and Policy Designer, combining machine-to-machine alerts with other asset performance data.
- Data Visualization: Meridium Enterprise APM now provides advanced data visualization that allows customers to view their assets using geospatial information.
- APM Connect Cloud Edition: Meridium brings the power of APM Connect to the cloud providing customers with SAP® connectivity for customers leveraging Meridium's SaaS offering, APM Now.
According to Paula Hollywood, senior analyst at ARC Advisory Group, "Increased connectivity, machine learning and accessibility are transforming industrial operations and efficiencies across the industry. The advanced analytics capabilities available in Meridium APM version 4.2 are helping to lead this change by allowing organizations to mine data and draw critical operational insights like never before."
Meridium Enterprise APM version 4.2 is now available. Customers can learn more about by visiting https://www.meridium.com/nextgenapm
Meridium is the global leader in asset performance management (APM) software and services for asset-intensive industries. Meridium increases the availability of assets, improves safety, optimizes cost and lowers risk for our global clients in more than 80 countries with more than 1,200 licensed sites around the world. Through our unique software developed in collaboration with our clients, we predict and prevent asset failures with intelligent asset strategies. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Roanoke, VA (USA), with offices around the world, Meridium is the pioneer of APM and continues to drive innovation, leveraging the data from sensors, devices, systems and smart equipment to minimize unplanned events, incidents and downtime.
Jane Bailey, Meridium
Rachael Tucker, InkHouse for Meridium
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meridium-announces-availability-of-apm-v42-with-machine-learning-capabilities-300306057.html
SOURCE Meridium, Inc.