Michaels Announces Top 2013 DIY Wedding Ideas Retailer helps dreams come true with new products, celebrity experts and a $5,000 prize
IRVING, Texas, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DIY remains one of the hottest 2013 wedding trends, and Michaels, North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer and DIY wedding destination, announces the year's top colors and themes, along with its new DIY wedding site, new products such as invitations and favors, and an Ultimate Wedding Contest.
Michaels' top DIY wedding trends of 2013:
- Heirloom Romance: Soft and feminine, this trend features pale pastels in both flowers and paper products. The look is refined, while keeping a romantic, handmade quality.
- Purple Luxe: With hues of lavender, violet, plum, lilac and mauve, there is a purple to match every shade of love: passionate, romantic, forever. Gilded elements and ombre enhance the royal feel of this trend.
- Seaside Bliss: Inspired by the joys of a laid-back day at the beach, blue, coral and white combine to create a sleek, elegant and luxuriously casual feeling – the perfect look for breezy summer weddings.
- Pink Pop and Mod: For the bride who loves bold, clean, art-inspired looks, the vibrant colors of yellow, hot pink and orange inspire this graphic wedding trend.
- Classic Glam: The classic elegance of old Hollywood is embraced by the black-and-white color scheme that defines this trend: sophisticated and refined. Glitter and metallic touches add sparkle and shine to this glamorous wedding theme.
- Rustic Elegance: With burlap and lace, this theme is perfect for the casual bride who still wants that touch of Southern elegance at her wedding. The trend is inspired by a trip to the country: handmade signs, country stores, jelly jars and an indoor-meets-outdoor feel.
- Whimsy Carnival: For the kid in all of us, the magical feeling of a carnival highlights this wedding trend. Featuring bold, bright colors, the theme may be carried out with playful pinwheels, balloons and colorful paper products.
"Michaels has everything a couple needs to bring these trends to life and create a beautiful, romantic DIY wedding that will be unlike any other," said Michaels Vice President of Category Marketing Jennifer Rawls. "We'll even help them put it all together with online expert advice, checklists and videos at Michaels.com."
Michaels has also introduced an elegant new collection of wedding accessories by leading wedding and entertaining expert and TV personality David Tutera. The collection includes themed, trend-specific wedding decorations and centerpieces, wedding day accessories and bridal accessories. Tutera will also offer tips and advice on Michaels.com/DavidTutera.
DIY brides or grooms can enter to win $5,000 toward their dream wedding in the Ultimate Wedding Sweepstakes by MiDesign@Michaels and Jean M. The $5,000 grand prize includes invitations and accessories from MiDesign@Michaels and Jean M, a $1,000 Michaels gift card, consultation with premier wedding designer Jean M and more. Couples can share their stories and why they should win on the MiDesign@Michaels Web page.
Irving, Texas-based Michaels Stores, Inc. is North America's largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. The company currently owns and operates more than 1,090 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada, and 128 Aaron Brothers stores, and produces 11 exclusive private brands including Recollections®, Studio Decor®, Bead Landing®, Creatology®, Ashland®, Celebrate It®, Art Minds®, Artist's Loft®, Craft Smart® and Loops & Threads® and Imagin8™. For more information visit www.Michaels.com.
Allison Swank or Loren Rutledge
Michaels Launches New DIY Wedding Website
SOURCE Michaels Stores, Inc.