LAS VEGAS, April 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the arrival of the Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD. The OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD is the pinnacle of fast, high-capacity, direct attached Thunderbolt 2 storage. Engineered to meet the extreme demands of content professionals, Viper Pro features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports and delivers extreme performance with sustained speeds up to 1350MB/s.
Speed, Capacity and Flexibility. All in One.
The Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD will be available in two capacity options, 4TB and 8TB, which deliver versatile, pro-level performance for any workflow. With bandwidth to spare, not only does the Viper deliver big capacity and big speeds, it comes with the flexibility of Thunderbolt 2 connectivity and the power to use it comprehensively, supporting multi-stream, uncompressed 4K video and bus-powered daisy chains.
Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD Features
- 4TB and 8TB capacities
- Speeds up to 1350MB/s
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 interfaces
- Daisy-chain support for additional Thunderbolt devices
- Aluminum design with a variable speed fan for quiet cooling
- Three-year limited warranty.
"Viper Pro is one of our most exciting new products and another example of our commitment to building the absolute best solutions for our customers," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "This is an extremely fast, high capacity and reliable Thunderbolt External SSD. We're looking forward to showing it off this year at NAB."
4TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD
8TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD
The Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD will be available in the summer of 2015.
The OWC Trust Advantage®
- Over 25 years of product design and innovation
- OWC tested for compatibility, speed and reliability
- Comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos
- 24/7 award-winning, U.S.-based technical support
OWC is the manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts and has been providing OWC memory upgrades for Apple computers since 1989. For the last decade, OWC has been building SSD upgrades specifically for Apple computers, winning multiple awards while also earning accolades for OWC External Drives and OWC Optical Drives. OWC memory, SSDs and a growing number of our products are designed, engineered and manufactured in Austin, TX. Widely recognized for its exemplary customer service, OWC provides extensive US-based technical support for Mac and PC users around the world. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also produces a catalog of upgrades and accessories, having served the Apple community worldwide since 1988.
OWC's industry awards include:
- Videomaker Best of CES 2015 Spotlight Award for OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- 2015 CES Innovations Honoree for OWC ThunderBay 4 External Storage Solution
- Storage Visions, Visionary Product Award 2015 for OWC Envoy Pro mini, a SSD thumb drive
- Inc. 5,000 "Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America" list honoree 2007–2013
- Reseller Ratings Elite Member 2009-2014
- About.com Readers' Choice Award winner for best Mac Peripheral Reseller
- Business Intelligence Group 2013 Green Tech Company of the Year
- American Business Awards "Stevie" Gold (2012) and Silver (2014)
- Better Business Bureau Top Rating of A+ 2010–2014
Bill Herring, 512-412-4009, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Marken, 408-986-0100, email@example.com
© 2015 Other World Computing. All Rights Reserved. Other World Computing, OWC, The OWC Trust Advantage, ThunderBay and OWC Envoy are registered trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or in Canada. The OWC logo and the Other World Computing logo are trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation. Apple and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Other World Computing