Salutron Unveils the Future of Activity Monitoring - the LifeTrak™ Move C300 Leading the Revolution for Better Health through Better Science
FREMONT, Calif., July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salutron, Inc., recognized leader for the most innovative and scientifically accurate fitness and wellness products, today launched its newest activity tracker, the LifeTrak Move C300. The Move C300 activity tracker incorporates leading edge science, technology and design that set a new standard in activity trackers. The device captures, holds and wirelessly transmits health-related data to Bluetooth Smart-enabled devices, including smart phones and tablets.
As the revolution in health, fitness and wellness continues to grow, LifeTrak Move C300 provides the most advanced, fashionable, and durable device for easily and accurately tracking daily activities. Given its comfortable and waterproof design, whether you're at the office, at home, exercising, or swimming, you never have to manually track your heart rate, distance, calorie burn and steps taken again.
Style and ease of use make integrating the LifeTrak Move C300 into your lifestyle simple. The full display right on your wrist and open API platform, which allows universal integration to some of the most popular health and fitness apps, keeps you motivated to achieve your goals. With the touch of a button you can see your daily and weekly progress so staying on track with personal goals has never been easier, or more affordable.
"Salutron has been the leading provider of the most accurate 'touch' ECG technology for top fitness clubs for more than 18 years," said Dr. Mike Tsai, Chairman and CEO of Salutron. "After the heart attack of a close friend, we decided to leverage our international commercial strength in the industry to create a product that was affordable and provided everything you need to make a difference right on your wrist. We are committed to providing monitoring technology that sets a new standard for the fitness and wellness industry and to promoting better health around the world."
"Advances in technology are making things we only imagined a decade ago a reality today," said Dr. Jin Lee, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering at Salutron. "The Linea Research technology recently acquired by Salutron expands the company's technology portfolio to leverage ongoing leading edge research with NASA, DoD, DARPA and DHS. Through relationships like these, Salutron is positioned to continue to provide premier monitoring science to consumers across the globe and to put the science that goes to space on people's wrists. We believe the future holds endless possibilities for technology that will help to create healthier lifestyles and we are committed to being the leading provider of solutions that empower people everywhere to live longer, healthier lives."
The wait for an activity tracker that can measure heart rate, not require any battery charging and is waterproof is finally here! Join the revolution for better health with LifeTrak Move C300 and start your journey toward a healthier you today.
Key Features of LifeTrak Move C300:
- Bluetooth® Smart Connectivity: Easy and simple connectivity to Bluetooth Smart enabled devices providing a gateway to a world of health and fitness apps.
- ECG Accurate Heart Rate: Patented S-Pulse™ ECG accurate heart rate from a simple press of a button. ECG wave references and storage of last heart rate taken.
- Automated Tracking: All-day calorie burn and step tracking along with auto-calibrated distance.
- Advanced Calorie Tracking: Proprietary calorie algorithm integrates heart rate and activity data to provide a full day's record of calories burned.
- Dynamic Distance Calibration: Patented pace-based calibration algorithm dynamically adjusts to stride length based on identification of walking, jogging and running motions.
- Enhanced Step Filtering: Filters out false step count.
- ComfortFit Band: Reversible/interchangeable bands for full customization. Additional band colors available.
- 7-Day and Hourly Records: Easy, intuitive navigation with context driven display. Review your results from the past seven days or see your progress throughout the day with a 24-hr progress bar. Measured parameters automatically reset at midnight and offer independent daily goal setting.
- Independent Workout Mode: Track calories, steps, distance and workout time separately from daily tracking.
- Time Keeping: Time, day and date settings with AM/PM or 24-hour time format.
- Ultralow Power Monitoring: One year+ estimated battery life.
- Waterproof: Submersible to 90 feet.
Salutron is developing a complete line of LifeTrak activity trackers. The LifeTrak Core C200 was introduced in January of this year at CES and was quickly selected as featured product at the International Home + Housewares Show in March. Since then, Salutron has continued to expand the capabilities of the LifeTrak activity trackers and provide new features that address the unmet needs of consumers. New features offered in the Move C300 include Bluetooth Smart connectivity and an open API platform that allows universal connectivity to some of the most popular among the 35,000 available health and wellness apps. The Fit C410, anticipated to debut later this year, will incorporate additional sleep monitoring features that provide additional data from sleep patterns and their influence on overall wellness.
Pricing and Availability:
Compared to other products offering similar features that range from $59.99 to $200, LifeTrak activity trackers offer NASA-caliber technology at the best price point. The Move C300 is available for a suggested retail price of $59.99, and the Fit C410 will be available for pre-order later this year at a suggested retail price of $89.99 through leading retailers nationwide and via the LifeTrak website at www.lifetrakusa.com.
Please also view the Move C300 video here.
Salutron, Inc. develops physiological monitoring solutions for wearable devices and exercise equipment. Salutron technology has been incorporated into many of the name brands including Precor, Nautilus, Star Trac, and Life Fitness found in gyms across the globe. The wearable devices, in band and watch format, can be found in major retailers including Sports Authority, Sport Chalet, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, CVS, Costco, and Amazon. Salutron technology has also been incorporated into many well-known private label brands including Timex, Reebok, New Balance, Sportline and Pro-Form. Salutron is privately held and based in Fremont, CA. More information on Salutron and LifeTrak products can be found at www.lifetrakusa.com or follow @MyLifeTrak.
Porter Novelli on behalf of Salutron Technologies
SOURCE Salutron, Inc.