Some Like it Hot: Daily Deal Industry Continues to be "On Fire" in 2012
Daily Deal Media releases 2011 summary report and pinpoints key trends for the year ahead
TROY, Mich., Jan. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Daily Deal Media, the leading news, information and data resource for the daily deal industry, today released their annual industry outlook and year-in-review report.
Among the key findings covered within the report:
- The total number of deal publishers dropped 7.61 percent in the last 6 months of 2011. The world has 798 fewer deal sites due to consolidation and startups closing up their virtual shops. Asia saw the largest drop, with 1,348 daily deal sites exiting the industry.
- Insight from the venture community. Detailed feedback on why the industry will be profitable and sustainable from insiders including Tim Draper of Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
- Legal landscape report, by David Almeida, partner at Sedgwick Law, and Jay Edelson, managing partner at Edelson McGuire LLC. This information follows up on panel from the 2011 Daily Deal Media Conference focusing on the major legal implications for the Daily Deal Industry.
- Survey of companies who used daily deal services in 2011. Only 16.5 percent of all merchants were dissatisfied with their daily deal campaign, and 35 percent of companies reported their deal offering was profitable. Merchants indicating overall satisfaction in their deal programs rose 17 percent between June and December 2011.
- Survey of daily deal companies on their 2011 results. Findings show that 61.7 percent of daily deal companies think that Groupon's IPO was good for their industry. 41.7 percent of publishers indicated they were bullish on the space, while only 5.7 percent were bearish.
- Survey of consumer who used daily deals. Daily Deal Media partner Triton Digital polled 60,000 consumers and found 39 percent had never subscribed to a deal program. Of those who do subscribe to at least one site, 28.4 percent glance at a deal to decide on their interest; 19.6 percent read the entire deal email; and 10.2 percent subscribe but consider deals spam and delete them.
"The daily deal market continues to be on fire when it comes to investments and attention. In 2011, the industry rocketed from 'the next big thing to watch' to demonstrated success and profitability," said Boyan Josic, CEO of Daily Deal Media, the leading publication covering the daily deal market. "In 2011, we saw many new players enter the field, some that stayed and some who exited quickly, but the findings in this report show how much growth can be achieved in 2012. Although with success has come new challenges, from being unique enough to attract VC money, to navigating the legal landscape, to retaining customers, all of which we illustrate in this report and also offer solutions on best paths forward."
To schedule an interview with Boyan Josic to discuss the 2012 Daily Deal Industry Report, please contact either Andrea Hawley or Chris Prouty at 415-512-0770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Daily Deal Media
Daily Deal Media is the leading news, information and data resource for those interested in the Daily Deal industry. Known for its breaking news and unbiased market insight, the company provides its readers with valuable insight, resources, industry reports, forums and conferences.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners
SOURCE Daily Deal Media
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.