Travelocity's New Brand Campaign Urges Consumers To 'Go & Smell the Roses'
FIVE NEW TELEVISION COMMERCIALS FEATURING THE ROAMING GNOME, NEW TAGLINE BREAK ACROSS PRIMETIME
SOUTHLAKE, Texas, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelocity has launched a new brand campaign highlighted by five new television commercials featuring the Roaming Gnome and a new call to action for consumers: "Go & Smell the Roses."
"'Go & Smell the Roses' is more than a tagline in an advertising campaign, it's a rally cry," said Bradley Wilson , chief marketing officer, Travelocity North America. "With this new campaign we are using our most powerful asset, the iconic Roaming Gnome, to inspire and instigate people to get off the couch, to go and smell the roses."
The television commercials featuring "Go & Smell the Roses" will begin airing this week during primetime programing on all of the major television networks. Each will showcase a different part of the world, delivering rich visual appeal. They are as follows:
- Bulls: The Roaming Gnome is dropped into a scene from the world famous running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. He says, "Here's a thought: You'll never survive the running of the bulls unless you attend the running of the bulls."
- Paint: The Roaming Gnome finds himself being handed off from one person to the next at the Holi Festival in India. He says, "Contrary to popular belief, watching paint dry can actually be fun – but you've got to be there to enjoy it."
- Beach: The Roaming Gnome becomes one with a sand sculpture. He says, "Sparkly water and pure white sand may not get you off your couch but there's not a creature on earth that can resist this."
- Exotic Couch: The Roaming Gnome takes in a majestic alpine view on a ski lift: He says, "You might be interested to know that other countries have couches exactly like ours."
- Email: The Roaming Gnome encourages everyone not to be dragged down by the mundane tasks of everyday life like checking email, cutting the grass and preparing spreadsheets. He says, "Less couch-y, more beach-y."
"'Go' is the operative word," Wilson said. "And we mean 'go' anywhere whether that is a weekend road trip, a family event, or a once-in-a-lifetime adventure similar to those the Roaming Gnome is fortunate enough to take."
For more information about "Go & Smell the Roses," go to www.travelocity.com/goandsmelltheroses. Each of the new commercials, plus behind-the-scenes documentary footage and outtakes, can be viewed on Travelocity's YouTube channel, blog, Facebook page and/or Twitter. The official hashtag of the campaign is #gosmelltheroses.
The mission of Travelocity is to inspire people to go and smell the roses through travel by providing innovative apps, competitive prices and 24/7 customer service. Travelocity believes that travel makes us better and is dedicated to being the traveler's kindred spirit – a travel companion and a travel instigator, roaming the world beside travelers everywhere.
About Travelocity Global
Travelocity Global is one of the world's largest travel companies, serving the needs of travelers from all walks of life. Based in Southlake (Dallas/Fort Worth), Texas, with offices and customer care centers around the world, Travelocity Global owns and operates: Travelocity® in North America, Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; and lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel. Travelocity Global is owned by Sabre Holdings, a global technology company whose innovative technology is used by more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and get to their destination at a time and price that's right for them.
More by this Source
Travelocity Debuts New Weekly Original Web Series
May 01, 2013, 07:22 ET
Price Of Memorial Day Travel Down Two Percent Year-Over-Year According To Travelocity Data
Apr 29, 2013, 07:08 ET
Travelocity Announces Best Days To Fly For Memorial Day Weekend
Apr 09, 2013, 07:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.