1 in 5 Smartphone Owners Admit to Being Addicted
Smartphone addiction, going local, and mobile break-up etiquette uncovered in the latest JustAsk! Research Study from Crowd Science
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Crowd Science today announced its latest JustAsk! survey results exposing consumer smartphone behavior and attitudes. In the study, respondents -- all smartphone owners -- revealed a number of interesting habits and opinions, including:
- One in five respondents admit to being addicted to their smartphones. Agreement with this sentiment skewed higher among iPhone owners at 26%, compared with 13% of BlackBerry owners.
- Those between the ages of 30 and 49 are heaviest users of smartphone features, while respondents who are 50+ use fewer features (particularly text messaging, games, and social media) and do so less frequently.
- 25% of smartphone owners say they perform local and map-based activities less than once a month, 11% indicate they never do so, and 58% go-local at least once a week.
- 89% of smartphone owners believe it is taboo to break-up with someone via text message.
- If their phone fell in a public toilet, 57% would fish it out! Agreement was highest among iPhone owners, at 65% compared with 49% for BlackBerry owners.
About the Study: Ownership of iPhone, Android and BlackBerry phones were evenly distributed across respondents. Smartphone brand ownership also showed little variation between age and income groups; however, more Android than BlackBerry owners were male. The research was based on a sample size of over 800 people. Copies of the JustAsk! smartphone study are available by request at http://crowdscience.com
Crowd Science will present the details behind these and additional findings at a free webinar moderated by Crowd Science VP of Research, Sandra Marshall. VP of Operations, Paul Neto will also provide practical advice for mobile website owners seeking ways to better understand, grow and monetize their mobile audiences.
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011
10:30 am PST/1:30 pm EST
To register for this free online event go to: http://bit.ly/gYFQht
JustAsk! is Crowd Science's online opinion research program that delivers timely, topical insights into online attitudes and opinions. JustAsk! studies are ongoing, conducted via survey technology and use random sampling of visitors across a network of over 5,500 websites.
About Crowd Science
Crowd Science (http://crowdscience.com), based in Mountain View, California, and with offices in Toronto & Sydney, is revolutionizing online market research; they provide innovative solutions and technologies to top-tier online publishers, brands and networks. Companies like Federated Media, Turner, Everyday Health, NetShelter and Technorati use Crowd Science's combination of web analytics and survey research to improve marketing and advertising precision. For small and mid-sized online businesses, Crowd Science offers a number of Free Web Tools (http://crowdscience.com/free_tools) that provide survey-based market research insights such as demographics, site satisfaction and mobile website analytics.
1 (650) 279-8619
SOURCE Crowd Science
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.