AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DELL EMC WORLD --
- Dell EMC expands industry-leading converged systems portfolio of VxRail Appliances and VxRack System 1000 hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) by integrating high performing, reliable, energy efficient industry-leading PowerEdge servers with the latest Intel Broadwell platforms
- VxRail Appliances with PowerEdge servers increases hardware flexibility and offer more granular scalability with 250x more configurations, 40% more CPU performance for the same price, 25% lower entry price – starting at under $45,000 (USD) – and offer 2x more storage in all-flash nodes
- VxRack System 1000 with PowerEdge servers offers 2.5x more capacity, 40% more CPU performance for the same price
Dell EMC today announced it has expanded its leading converged systems portfolio by integrating its industry-leadingi PowerEdge servers into VxRail Appliances and VxRack System 1000 hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) to address new use cases. By owning both the compute and storage layers of the hyper-converged stack and having a co-engineering relationship with VMware, Dell EMC can deliver even more customer value by innovating faster. Dell EMC's world-class supply chain provides quality, flexibility and speed of delivery and can offer new price points that allow more customers to enjoy the benefits of HCI. Now customers can partner with a single vendor for end-to-end HCI with comprehensive service and support offerings that provide a path to assisting business growth and investment protection to modernize their data center.
"Dell EMC owning both the compute and storage portions of the hyper-converged stack is a game-changer for the HCI portfolio," said Terri McClure, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "It allows the company to deliver more value choices for customers via investment protection, faster innovation, supply chain advantages and savings it can pass on. The fast integration of PowerEdge servers into VxRail Appliances and VxRack Systems is a major example of the synergy of the acquisition and the benefits of the companies coming together – more value, more choice and maintained investment protection for customers."
New VxRail Appliances Based on PowerEdge Servers
The VxRail Appliance Family, the industry's only HCI appliances specifically developed and fully optimized for VMware environments, now have configurations powered by the latest Intel Broadwell Platforms, VMware vSphere and VMware VSAN technologies and based on PowerEdge servers. These feature 40% more CPU performance for the same price, increased flexibility and scalability with more configurations than before, all-flash nodes equipped with 2x more storage and a new 3-node entry point that is 25% less expensive. New addressable workloads include:
- Storage heavy workloads including Big Data Analytics and Microsoft Exchange can take advantage of VxRail Appliances based on the PowerEdge R730xd platform that has highly dense storage nodes coupled with the latest Intel processors to provide high-performance processing.
- Graphics-heavy client virtualization workloads that require increasing levels of performance found in the latest operating systems including Microsoft Windows 10, as well as productivity applications and graphics-intensive CAD/CAM, research and development applications. Everyone from knowledge workers and mobile professionals to designers and engineers will benefit from VxRail with the PowerEdge R730 platform including GPU acceleration from NVIDIA and AMD, with dual configurations of the NVIDIA Tesla M60 with NVIDIA Grid Software.
- Remote Office/Branch Office environments can leverage the low-end 3-node entry option across the family with a starting price of under $45,000 (USD) allowing customers to cost-effectively deploy hyper-converged infrastructure to simplify IT management at multiple remote sites.
For customers seeking to accelerate time-to-value of an enterprise-class client virtualization solution, Dell EMC will offer new configurations of VxRail Appliances with VMware Horizon. The solutions are specifically optimized for client virtualization in order to provide simplified deployment and management of virtual workspaces. The solution, validated by Dell EMC with support from VMware and NVIDIA, offers flexibility and high performance to accommodate a variety of needs and decreases time-to-delivery of the solution from weeks to days.
New VxRack System Based on PowerEdge Servers
VxRack System 1000, the only rack-scale hyper-converged system with integrated top-of-rack Spine-Leaf networking and SDN options, is the perfect choice for core data centers that require both enterprise-grade resiliency and the ability to start small and scale easily. Now based on PowerEdge R630 and R730xd servers, these VxRack Systems offer more capacity and 40% more CPU performance without increasing footprint or cost. With more than 20 new configurations, customers have the flexibility to add as needed compute-heavy, storage-heavy or balanced configurations (in both all-flash and hybrid models) as needed to match their workload requirements.
The benefits of the VxRack System all-flash configurations include:
- Better all-flash economics that offer 2.5x more usable flash capacity for a similar price versus previous generations
- Application acceleration with SanDisk DAS Cache speeds storage I/O operations while reducing latency, resulting in improved performance of I/O-intensive applications such as Microsoft SQL OLTP
- Configuration flexibility enables customers to scale linearly as their workloads require by incrementally adding high-density, storage-heavy or compute-heavy node configurations
Regardless of use case or where an organization is on its journey to the cloud, Dell EMC offers a broad and ever-expanding portfolio of appliances (VxRail or XC Series), rack-scale engineered systems, validated systems, reference architectures and solutions that are optimized for both traditional and cloud-native workloads running in data center core or edge locations.
Dell Financial Services (DFS) has a full range of flexible payment options to support customers wherever they are in their journey to the cloud. Whether a customer is seeking to balance OpEx versus CapEx or determine the right mix of off-premises versus on-premises solutions, DFS has solutions – from traditional leases to the new portfolio of OpenScale flexible consumption solutions – to match the full range of consumption use cases of Dell EMC customers.
VxRack FLEX with PowerEdge-based nodes are orderable today and available in Q4 2016. VxRack SDDC with PowerEdge-based nodes with integrated PowerEdge servers will be orderable in Q4 2016. VxRail Appliances integrated with PowerEdge servers are orderable and generally available in Q4 2016 in most major markets and generally available worldwide in 2017. VxRail Appliances based on PowerEdge servers with VMware Horizon for client virtualization is available in December 2016.
Todd Sharp, Senior Network Engineer, Topgolf
"Topgolf's 'Technology Innovation' team supports the gaming, point-of-sale and kitchen apps at each of our more than 30 Topgolf venues. High availability is critical to our revenue generation and great guest experiences. That's why we feel we can rest easy with the reliability and performance we get with the three-node Dell EMC VxRail hyper-converged infrastructure appliance. It will keep us operating no matter what."
John Fanelli, vice president of Products, NVIDIA
"Within any organization, high-performance users need to be productive and work quickly without compromise. NVIDIA Tesla GPUs with NVIDIA GRID software and the Dell PowerEdge R730 server let people work on demanding, graphics-intensive applications and projects from any location on a variety of devices."
Yanbing Li, SVP and general manager, Storage and Availability Business Unit, VMware
"VxRail Appliances and VxRack Systems are Dell EMC HCI solutions that speed deployment and simplify management of VMware environments for business critical data center environments across the Hybrid Cloud. At the core of these innovative Dell EMC HCI solutions is VMware vSAN, an enterprise-class software defined storage solution that can start small and is embedded in the VMware vSphere Kernel and easily managed through VMware vCenter. For the more than 500,000 customers of VMware, these new Dell EMC HCI offerings based on PowerEdge servers provide a way to intelligently invest in IT with more compute power, higher storage density, and compelling infrastructure economics."
Dell EMC Executive Quote:
Chad Sakac, President, the Converged Platforms and Solutions Division of Dell EMC
"As the clear market leader in converged infrastructure and the HCI domain being the fastest-growing segment driven by customers modernizing their data centers, Dell EMC is maniacally focused on continuing to expand our HCI portfolio to address more uses cases for customers of all sizes. With our industry-leading PowerEdge Servers in VxRail Appliances and VxRack Systems, customers gain tremendous functionality and better economics to leverage HCI for workloads whether they live on the edge or the core of the data center."
- Read the Blog: "The Power of Dell EMC – Increased Choice, Broader Use Cases, Lower Price Points for Customers"
- Read new ESG whitepaper: Dell EMC: Immediate Synergy for Hyperconverged Customers
- Hear more from Chad Sakac on Turning "Better Together" Vision into Reality
- Watch video: ESG Dell EMC Transformation Comes to Hyper-Converged
- Learn more about VxRail Hyper-converged Infrastructure
- Learn more about VxRack System 1000 Hyper-converged Infrastructure
- For the latest news from Dell EMC, follow @DellEMCNews on Twitter; use #DellEMCWorld
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN.
- Attend Dell EMC World virtually at DellEMCWorldLIVE
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell EMC World
Dell EMC World 2016, Oct. 18-20, is Dell Technologies' flagship event, bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
Copyright © 2016 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
i Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly x86 Server Tracker, 2Q16
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/1-in-storage-servers-virtualization--powerful-hyper-converged-appliances-and-systems-300347466.html
SOURCE Dell EMC