$1 Million Ignites Entrepreneurs' Opportunities at One Spark
Partnership with Jacksonville Jaguars Owner Shad Khan Sets the Stage
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shad Khan, owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars and automobile parts manufacturer Flex-N-Gate, will partner with One Spark, the world's first crowdfunding festival, to offer the potential of up to $1 million in capital investment focused on creators who participate in the April event taking place in Jacksonville.
"One Spark will attract and celebrate creativity in a variety of fields including science, technology, engineering and the arts, all of which are areas of great personal interest," said Khan. "Jacksonville is the perfect host for this festival and I believe One Spark has the potential to inspire some really big thinking from the brightest minds in the area and beyond."
Khan has pledged up to $1 million in capital from STACHE Investments Corp., for chosen creators who participate in One Spark 2013. The event is scheduled to be held in downtown Jacksonville April 17 - 21, 2013. One Spark will work to provide STACHE access to creator profiles prior to the event, for possible equity investment opportunities.
"One Spark started with the belief that game-changers emerge from dorm rooms, garages and small studios - where great ideas develop. One Spark 2013 will be the point when creators of all kinds converge in our community, and when people from far and wide join together to decide on the next big thing(s). The heart of our city will be the place to get involved, be inspired, connect and collaborate," said Elton Rivas, co-founder and executive director of One Spark.
One Spark, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to foster an environment of innovation. Founded in 2011 by Rivas along with Dennis Eusebio and Varick Rosete, the organization is meant to connect ideas with resources. As a result of the announcement, One Spark will extend creator registration by an additional two weeks, through February 22, 2013. More than 250 creators are already registered and more than 65 venues in downtown Jacksonville have been enlisted to host creators' projects.
Some facts about One Spark:
- Open to all: Anyone can be a creator; One Spark venues can be spaces nearly anywhere in the urban core.
- Grassroots and independent: One Spark is built on the premise that the next great creation will likely come from a garage, small studio or dorm room. Creators will pair up with venues, independently, on the One Spark website. The organization does not select any of the creators or venues that make up the event.
- Empowered public: The $250,000 One Spark fund will be distributed based on public vote; the public can also contribute directly to entrants in any amount.
- Five packed days: During the actual event, there will be creator showcases, speakers, culinary experiences, music and what we like to call "spectacles."
- Win votes and snag a slice of the $250,000 guaranteed crowd-fund. Crowd-fund monies will be distributed by popular vote. For example, if you receive 10 percent of the vote, you would receive 10 percent of the fund, or $25,000.
- STACHE Investments Corp: Formed by Shad Khan in 2012, the investment company has a component that focuses on entrepreneurial ventures in Northeast Florida and will be on the ground looking for investment opportunities during the five days of One Spark.
About One Spark:
One Spark, Inc. is a non-profit committed to fostering environments of innovation by being a catalyst to grow creative communities. The One Spark signature event anticipates attracting artists, entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world to Jacksonville for five days in April 2013. The event will be an interactive experience that allows attendees to support ideas and projects that inspire them. Visit BeOneSpark.com for more information.
SOURCE One Spark, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.