10 Tips for Fabulously Successful Corporate Events
NEW YORK, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Successful corporate event planning is not for the faint of heart. Whether the event is for 100 or 3000, there are all sorts of challenges and points that must be carefully considered.
OBie O'Brien, Director of Sales at Manhattan Center, home of the Hammerstein and Grand ballrooms, (both of which have housed major events like Tech Crunch and others for AT&T, GM, Macy's, Fortune Magazine, HSBC and more,) offers the following tips that can help make your corporate party or event one to remember:
- Planning is essential. Secure a suitable venue as far in advance as possible. You also might benefit from choosing a spot that is not just centrally located for ease of access and parking, but one that can expand if your RSVPs go higher than originally planned. Get your contract and deposit in early, as some venues book as far as a year in advance.
- Set your budget. Unexpected expenses are sure to arise, but you need a strict budget.
- Make double copies of all contracts, seating charts, vendors or anything else important. You wouldn't be the first person to leave that ever-so-important folder in a taxi.
- Invite early & avoid major holiday weeks. Consider "Save the Date" emails. Insist on RSVPs for calculating your headcount. Plan on doing late RSVP call-downs.
- Decide on a theme…or not. Is a theme necessary? Or does your organization carry the day?
- Seating or standing? Are seating charts required? Who'll be in charge of those? Or is a more casual event planned where guests will mix and mingle more freely? Get details on guests to avoid any uncomfortable situations.
- Equipment counts! Does the facility you want to book offer in-house microphones, projectors, speakers, video, recording or live air streaming? Or will you have to bring this all in, at possibly significant additional expense?
- Staff? Will you need doormen? Servers? Bartenders? Does the facility offer an in-house production team and/or staff to fill certain requirements?
- Are special accommodations required? Is there a hotel in proximity? Will your talent or others require rooms or suites? Are they convenient to the event?
- Communication is key. Healthy dialog between the planner and all vendors is paramount to a successful event. Make sure your requirements are spelled out and that you give detailed instructions regarding what you expect from every vendor hired. Eliminate major headaches by taking time ahead of the event to clarify possible areas of confusion.
Centrally located in the heart of New York City, Manhattan Center (MCStudios.com) strives for excellence with every event. The most advanced independent production facilities in New York City include recording and television production studios in addition to the famed Hammerstein and Grand Ballrooms. Manhattan Center has been the facility of choice for countless household name artists, composers, concert promoters, municipality and political parties, television events, fashion shows, corporations, not-for-profits, record companies and worldwide and local organizations.
For more information contact: OBie O'Brien, Director of Sales. 212.695.6600 x 212
Media Contact: Enrique Briz, Dian Griesel Int'l., 212.825.3210
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Manhattan Center
More by this Source
Location, Location: Make Training Videos That Command Attention
Nov 19, 2013, 09:59 ET
Post Production -- the 'Master Mix' Where Magic Happens
Nov 11, 2013, 08:43 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.