10 Ways To Have An Unforgettable 4th Of July Weekend In Denver Denver's Independence Day Week Celebrations Include Free Festivals and Concerts, Pro Sports and Fireworks
DENVER, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Celebrate 4th of July weekend in Denver this year! Here are ten ideas to get you started.
Need a place to stay during your vacation in Denver? Take advantage of great hotel deals at Denver's best hotels all summer long.
July 3, Civic Center Park
The fourth annual Independence Eve Celebration will feature a free patriotic concert by The Colorado Symphony, an innovative light show on the Denver City and County Building, and a stunning fireworks finale. Lawn seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis; blankets or low-rise concert/beach chairs are encouraged.
July 5-7, Cherry Creek North
This free, outdoor extravaganza – the city's signature cultural celebration of the visual, performing and culinary arts – gives more than 350,0000 annual visitors the chance to meet and talk with internationally-acclaimed visual artists, enjoy a wide range of family friendly fun and sample fine cuisine. Experience Artivity Avenue, a full block of interactive activities perfect for youngsters. Visit the Cultural Pavilion, where music, dance and theater from around the globe will be presented. Culinary Avenue features tasty treats and live cooking demonstrations from some of Denver's most popular eateries.
Catch a concert in one of the world's greatest live music venues, Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre.
- Get things started on July 3 with the powerful grooves of Michael Franti and Spearhead. Franti is even hosting a special Yoga On The Rocks event earlier in the day, if you want to work up a sweat.
- On July 4, jam band favorite, Blues Traveler, returns to the Rocks for another amazing Independence Day show with moe.
- The Avett Brothers bring their winning Americana sound to the Rocks for a two-night stand on July 5 and 6.
- Pop-Classical vocalist Josh Groban joins forces with the Colorado Symphony for a special concert on July 7.
4. Experience Pro Sports Paradise – and Plenty of Post-Game Fireworks
There's no shortage of pro sports thrills to be had in The Mile High City.
- At Coors Field, catch The Colorado Rockies taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers during a three-game homestand, July 2-4. There will be a spectacular fireworks show following the July 3 and 4 games!
- Denver's hometown soccer heroes, the Colorado Rapids, are taking on the New York Red Bulls at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on July 4. Stick around for the fireworks display after the game! There's another match on Sunday, July 7 against the D.C. United.
- Over at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on July 4, The Mile High City's professional lacrosse team, the Denver Outlaws, are battling it out against the New York Lizards. After the game, enjoy fireworks within the bowl at Sports Authority Field -- pyrotechnics paired with visuals on a 220-foot wide, hi-definition screen. You'll never forget this kind of fireworks show!
July 4, Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
Spend the day at Denver's downtown amusement park and then watch a brilliant fireworks display light up the night sky, starting at dusk.
Through September 22, Denver Art Museum
Renowned contemporary artist Nick Cave has debuted a new body of work at the Denver Art Museum this summer. The incredible exhibition features a combination of multimedia elements and performances along with figurative sculptures called "Soundsuits" that have to be seen – and heard – to be believed.
Note: Admission to the Denver Art Museum is FREE on July 6, however the Nick Cave exhibition requires an additional ticket.
July 4, Washington Park
Work off all the BBQ and cake by running in the Liberty 4-mile run in Washington Park. Wear your red, white and blue proud and enjoy the celebration. Families take note – the Liberty Run also includes a Firecracker Kids Fun Run.
July 6, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Featuring eight of the nation's top drum and bugle corps, this event offers an evening of exciting sound in the awesome setting of Sports Authority Field at Mile High, home of the Denver Broncos.
July 6, Skyline Park
Head to downtown Denver's Skyline Park for a FREE screening of the family-friendly classic, Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. Showtime is at dusk.
July 7, City Park
The Sam Mayfield Blues Band will put a perfect cap on the weekend with a free outdoor concert in City Park.
Even more ideas to plan a 4th of July excursion to The Mile High City are available at visitdenver.com/July4.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating more than 100 years of promoting The Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. Tourism is the second largest industry in Denver, generating $3.3 billion in annual spending in 2011, while supporting nearly 50,000 jobs. Learn more about Denver on the VISITDENVER website and at TOURISMPAYSDENVER, on Twitter @iknowdenver and the VISIT DENVER Facebook page, or by phone at 800 2 DENVER.
With press or photo inquiries, please contact:
Rich Grant: (303) 571-9450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Park: (303) 571-9451 or email@example.com
Katie Converse: (303) 571-9418 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau