WASHINGTON, Dec. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The holidays can be a hectic time, but consumers should not lose sight of the ways they can stay healthy, wealthy and wise. This holiday season, the International Window Film Association (IWFA) has released a new infographic offering 12 reasons to celebrate how professionally installed window film can help consumers do just that.
Whether at home or in a car, window films offer a high-tech and cost-effective way to help control energy use, provide safety benefits and protect both skin and eyes, and home and office furnishings too. "The holiday season is a wonderful time to celebrate the benefits of window film and all the advantages it provides year round, from health and energy savings to protection of your home or vehicle's fabrics and furnishings from the damages of solar radiation," said Darrell Smith, Executive Director of the IWFA.
The IWFA recommends these 12 tips for the holiday season and beyond:
- Stay safe and secure. Accidents and storms can shatter windows, sending shards of glass everywhere. Reduce the risk of injury with safety and security window films, which help hold glass together upon impact.
- Protect your skin from UV rays. Skin damage is cumulative. By blocking up to 99 percent of UV rays from passing through your home's and car's unprotected windows, window film can help keep your skin healthier and more protected than window glass alone.
- Cherish your furniture, floors, and family heirlooms. Professionally installed window film can add an extra layer of defense for some of your most beloved possessions – reducing premature fading and slowing deterioration.
- Cut down on heating and cooling costs. Up to one-third of your home's heating and cooling costs can be lost through inefficient windows. Window film rejects up to 55 percent of solar heat – offering a more energy efficient environment. Some films can even help to retain room heat in the winter months.
- Reduces eye damage. Untreated windows only protect eyes from about 25 percent of UV rays. Window film is a proven way to reduce the dangerous impact of the sun on your eyes!
- Save money on your home improvement project. A professional installation of window film can range from $4 to $11 per square foot – offering seven times the energy savings per dollar spent when compared with full replacement of windows.
- Reduce sun glare. Wreaking havoc on daily commutes, sun glare can nearly blind you while behind the wheel, even from side windows. Window film helps reduce excessive sunlight from entering your vehicle.
- Consider "Go Green" perks. Many states across the country offer homeowners and business owners incentives for undertaking "green" projects. Window film may qualify for project reimbursements and tax reductions!
- Window size, shape, and location are not factors. Whether you're looking to cover a floor to ceiling window, or a uniquely shaped window, professionally trained and accredited installers can take on challenging windows.
- Improves window performance. Old windows do not offer the same level of protection or energy efficiency available today. Window film can help improve the overall performance of a window - alleviating the need for full replacement.
- Add an extra level of customization and privacy. Window film comes in a number of shades and colors. By choosing the right level of visible light transmittance (VLT) for your environment, you can enhance the look of your car or home and even increase privacy without the losing your view, if so desired.
- Add an aesthetic accent to interior glass panels or windows. Decorative window film can transform a living space. From frosted to specialty designs, window film can offer an extra interior touch of styling.
For more information on the benefits of professionally installed window film, and to download the IWFA's new holiday infographic and eBooks for consumers, visit www.iwfa.com.
About the International Window Film Association
The International Window Film Association (IWFA) (www.iwfa.com) is a unified industry body of window film dealers, distributors, and manufacturers that facilitates the growth of the window film industry though the use of education, research, advocacy and consumer awareness. The organization builds alliances with trade associations, utilities and government agencies to advance dealers' and distributors' businesses and provide value to their customers.
Erin Vadala, Warner Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/12-reasons-to-celebrate-window-film-during-the-holidays-300379875.html
SOURCE International Window Film Association