14 Women's Business Leaders Named 2013 "Stars" By Women's Business Enterprise National Council
WASHINGTON, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fourteen exemplary women business leaders will step into the spotlight to receive the nation's premier award for excellence among Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) bestowed by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) at its Salute to Women's Business Enterprises. The annual event will take place March 14, 2013, before 1,000 corporate and government executives, WBEs and members of WBENC's Regional Partner Organizations (RPOs) at the Baltimore Hilton, Baltimore, MD.
"WBENC's 14 WBE Stars are exemplary leaders whose strategic and innovative business practices have led to their impressive business success and growth which fuels our economy," said Pamela Prince-Eason, WBENC President and CEO.
Under the banner of the organization's theme "Join Forces. Succeed Together," WBENC's Summit & Salute is a major national event designed to drive business development and collaborative success among WBENC's Corporate and Government Members and WBEs. Sponsored by Accenture and Ernst & Young LLP, the two-day event provides vital access to the thought leaders, business intelligence and senior-level networking opportunities that create the foundation for sustainable growth.
In particular, the organization will showcase the perspectives of corporate champions in a first-ever series of discussions depicting the industry trends, advanced diversity programs and strategic thought leadership of the winners of WBENC's America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises, which will be announced in March and presented at the Summit & Salute.
The 2013 WBENC WBE Stars are selected by WBENC's 14 RPOs, which provide skills and business-building programs in their respective regions in addition to processing WBENC's world-class certification of WBEs.
The following 2013 WBENC Women's Business Enterprise Stars will be recognized for leadership in their business communities, inspiration to other women business owners, and active roles at the helm of successful certified businesses:
- Diana Clemente, President, Big Apple Car, Inc., Women Presidents' Educational Organization – NY, www.BigAppleCar.com
- Ana Cristina Didonde, President, CD Language Solutions, Inc. Women's Business Enterprise Alliance www.cdlanguage.com
- Jamie Fletcher, CEO, Mach 1 Global Services, Inc., Women's Business Enterprise Council-West, www.mach1global.com
- Theresa Ghafari, President, G-TECH Services, Inc. , Women's Business Enterprise Council-Great Lakes, www.gogtech.com
- Bev Gray, President, Exhibit Edge, Inc., Women Presidents' Educational Organization – DC, www.exhibitedge.com
- Arlene Inch, Chairman, Trans-Pak, Inc., Astra Women's Business Alliance, www.transpak.com
- Keeli Jernigan, CEO & President, Trans-Expedite, Inc., Women's Business Council Southwest, www.trans-expedite.com
- Joyce Landry, CEO, Landry & Kling, Inc., Women's Business Development Council of Florida, www.landrykling.com
- Judith Maloy, Managing Director, Polaris Direct, Center for Women & Enterprise, www.polarisdirect.net
- Heather Sanderson, President, Overture Premiums & Promotions, LLC, Women's Business Development Center-Chicago, www.overturepromo.com
- Mary Singer, President, CRG Sustainable Solutions & Commercial Realty Group, Women's Business Enterprise Council-South, www.crgss.com
- Cindy Towers, CEO, JuriSolutions, Inc., Women's Business Enterprise Council-PA,DE,sNJ, www.JSL-HQ.com
- Geraldine Walker, President, Walker Transfer, Inc., Ohio River Valley Women's Business Council, www.walkertransfer.com
- Traci Williams, President & CEO, Crescent Construction Services, LLC, Greater Women's Business Council, www.crescentconstructionservices.com
About WBENC: The Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) is the leading advocate for, and authority on, Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) as suppliers and vendors to the nation's corporations. Founded in 1997, WBENC is also the nation's leading third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women, with nearly 11,000 WBENC-Certified WBEs. WBENC certification is accepted by more than 1,000 corporations representing America's most prestigious brands, in addition to many states, cities and other entities. WBENC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks and accepts donations from corporations, foundations and individuals that support its mission and programs. For more information, please go to www.wbenc.org.
SOURCE Women's Business Enterprise National Council