CHICAGO, March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 1,400 business communicators from 40 countries are bound for Chicago on June 24-27 to attend the leading international conference on business communications.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) World Conference showcases the latest developments and best practices in communication leadership, public relations, change management, employee communication, strategy and counsel, marketing/brand communication and skills development. The conference will offer more than 70 professional development sessions, including keynote addresses by noted environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy and best-selling author Kevin Carroll.
"The IABC World Conference is an outstanding venue at which to learn, make new professional contacts and network with communicators from all over the world – and it's conveniently here in Chicago," said Ken Groh, president, IABC/Chicago. "The event is open to IABC members and non-members, with early registration savings available until May 25 and savings for IABC members. It's a great opportunity to sharpen your skills and revitalize your career."
Chicago-area communicators in attendance will enjoy showing off their city to visitors. Popular events include a "Dine-Around" on Tuesday, June 26, which enables small groups of communicators to meet and network at a downtown restaurant of their choice; a walking tour on Saturday, June 23; and the "Give the Gift of Communication" community service project, also on Saturday, June 23. Local communicators will be able to vote beforehand for their favorite restaurants. The conference will be held at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, 301 E. North Waters St., overlooking the Chicago River within walking distance of Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier and the Art Institute.
The IABC 2012 World Conference's keynote speakers include:
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who will focus on the role that natural resources play in our lives during his general session keynote address on June 26. Kennedy was named one of TIME magazine's "Heroes for the Planet" for his success in helping lead the fight to restore the Hudson River.
- Kevin Carroll will open the conference on Sunday, June 24 by discussing how to bring fun and passion to your work – and life. Carroll has authored Rules of the Red Rubber Ball, What's Your Red Rubber Ball?! and The Red Rubber Ball at Work.
For details on conference sessions and to register online, visit http://www.iabc.com/wc. You also can follow the conference on the social media channels below:
- LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/waWi2I
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/279045562166274/
- Plancast: http://plancast.com/p/9o7i/iabc-2012-world-conference
- Twitter hashtag: #iabc12
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. Established in 1970, IABC serves more than 15,000 members in 70 countries with a multi-disciplinary approach to corporate communication, public relations, employee communication, marketing communication, media relations, community relations, public affairs, financial communications and government relations. IABC/Chicago (http://chicago.iabc.com) is the oldest IABC chapter in the world.