$1.5 Million To Be Awarded To Charlotte Area Nonprofits
CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the upcoming 100 year anniversary of the Lance brand in 2013, Snyder's-Lance, Inc. is proud to announce that the Lance Foundation will make one-time grants totaling $1.5 million to thirteen Charlotte-area nonprofit organizations.
These grants benefit programs that are closely aligned with the Company's focus areas of supporting education, championing healthy living, fighting hunger and assisting military causes.
"As the hometown of Lance for 100 years, we are honored to provide a special gift to the Charlotte area," said David V. Singer, CEO of Snyder's-Lance. "These grants will provide much needed assistance to a wide range of community organizations that touch lives each and every day."
Organizations selected for the grants include:
- Charlotte Bridge Home - to support outreach to the veteran community
- Charlotte Family Housing - to construct two physical/educational activity centers for two family shelters
- Communities In Schools-Charlotte - to provide transportation for Communities In Schools students to critical support services
- CrossRoads Corporation for Affordable Housing and Community Development, Inc. - to rehabilitate and expand programs at the Grier Heights Community Center
- Freedom School Partners - to expand summer learning opportunities
- Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council – to build the Oak Springs Girl Scout Camp
- Junior Achievement of the Central Carolinas - to support JA BizTown, an educational program
- Loaves & Fishes - to purchase an 18-foot panel truck for food deliveries to pantries and food drives and to pick up food donations from food drives
- Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation - to extend the reach of the Community Care Cruiser to support Project L.I.F.T.
- Project L.I.F.T. - to fund teacher innovation grants supporting educational efforts in the classroom
- Second Harvest Food Bank - to expand Second Harvest's current backpack program
- United Way of Central Carolinas - to support health and human services needs in the community
- Urban League of Central Carolinas - to update technology in the learning lab
"In addition to a financial grant, each organization will also receive product donations and provide volunteer opportunities for Snyder's-Lance associates," said Sid Levy, Senior Director of Communications and Community Relations for Snyder's-Lance. "These grants will have a direct impact on more than 100,000 lives."
The grant process for this initiative, which was guided and facilitated by the Center for Corporate Philanthropy at Foundation For The Carolinas, included a comprehensive application and review process with meetings and discussions with nearly 100 local nonprofit organizations.
"Through these grant awards, Snyder's-Lance affirms its commitment to our community and its role as an important corporate citizen. The Foundation was delighted to partner with Snyder's-Lance to facilitate this exciting investment in our community," said Nikki DeVillers, Executive Director of the Center for Corporate Philanthropy at Foundation For The Carolinas.
Snyder's-Lance has a long history of supporting a variety of causes and organizations in both the Charlotte community and those communities where the company has operations. For more information on Snyder's-Lance's commitment to corporate responsibility, please visit www.snyderslance.com/community.
Snyder's-Lance, Inc., (Nasdaq-GS: LNCE) headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company's products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder's-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder's of Hanover, Lance, Krunchers!, Cape Cod, EatSmart Naturals, Jays, Grande, Tom's, Archway, O-Ke-Doke and Stella D'oro brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed widely through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. LNCE-G
About Foundation For The Carolinas
Foundation For The Carolinas is a nonprofit community foundation serving donors and a broad range of charitable purposes in North and South Carolina. With assets of more than $900 million, the Foundation encourages and makes possible philanthropic giving by individuals of all means to benefit their communities. Visit www.fftc.org.
SOURCE Snyder's-Lance, Inc.
More by this Source
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. Reports Results for First Quarter 2013
May 07, 2013, 06:00 ET
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. Announces Results from Annual Meeting of Stockholders
May 03, 2013, 11:55 ET
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. to Release First Quarter 2013 Results on Tuesday, May 7th Before Market Opens. Will Host Conference Call and Webcast at 9:00 am Eastern on Tuesday, May 7th.
Apr 18, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.