Celebrities to include: Kenneth Cole - Kelly Rutherford - Isaac Mizrahi - Sherri Shepherd
With Emcees Tiki Barber and Gloria Reuben
Demonstrations of the Just-Released and Highly-Anticipated Kinect by XBOX 360!
Online Auction in Partnership with charitybuzz
NEW YORK, Nov. 4, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This year marks the 17th annual Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's "Kids for Kids Family Carnival" - a one-of-a-kind event that brings together families, celebrities, and corporate partners to raise awareness and critical funds in support of the Foundation's global efforts to eliminate pediatric AIDS.
The Kids for Kids Carnival is a legacy event of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, having been started by Elizabeth Glaser and her co-founders 17 years ago. This year's event has raised $1.2 million, bringing the event's lifetime total to more than $25 million.
This year, the fun-filled event will be held at Skylight Soho, transformed into a magical safari setting by David Stark Design and Production. Adults and children will enjoy an afternoon of delicious samplings from New York's best restaurants, creative interaction with world‐class artists and photographers, and the opportunity to join in with celebrity-hosted games and activities. This year's activity sponsors include Disney, 77kids by American Eagle, Kinect by XBOX 360, LittleMissMatched, Kidz Creations, Pocoyo, and special dance and drumming workshops with the Alvin Ailey Arts and Education Teaching Artists.
The Foundation has also teamed up with charitybuzz, the leading destination for online charity auctions, to raise funds to support the Foundation's work. The auction will run from October 26 - November 18. Visit www.charitybuzz.com/egpaf to bid on your favorite items!
The auction will include such one-of-a-kind items as:
- Set visit to Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush" and meet-and-greet with the cast
- VIP tickets to "Let's Make A Deal" and meet-and-greet with host Wayne Brady
- Court side seats to Lakers and Knicks games
- VIP tickets to "America's Got Talent" and meet-and-greet with judge Howie Mandel
- VIP tickets to a taping of The Soup and a meet-and-greet with host Joel McHale
- Michael Stars private shopping event at The Grove, Los Angeles
- Personalized voicemail greeting recorded by Robin Williams
Highlights of the event will include:
- Celebrity demonstrations of the highly-anticipated and just-released Kinect by XBOX 360
- Denim decorating from 77kids by American Eagle
- Special readings in the beloved Disney Reading Room
- Special appearance by Kami, an HIV+ Muppet character from Takalani Sesame, the South African version of Sesame Street
- African dance workshops led by the Alvin Ailey Arts and Education Teaching Artists
- Sock puppet making by LittleMissMatched
- The K4K signature Art Room, featuring artists such as Kiki Smith, Cecily Brown, Jessica Craig-Martin, Sean Landers, and Billy Sullivan
- Several of New York City's finest restaurants in K4K's Restaurant Row, such as Otto Enoteca Pizzeria by Mario Batali, 'wichcraft by Tom Colicchio, Billy's Bakery, Serendipity, Pain D'Avignon, and many more
Saturday, November 6, 2010
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
12 p.m. media check-in
275 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013
All media will be able to download free, broadcast quality video, photographs, and other content from the Carnival at our multi-media press center beginning at 4 p.m. on the day of the event at: www.thenewsmarket.com/pedaidsk4k2010. Materials will include celebrity interviews, b-roll and photographs; video and photographs of Carnival activities; interviews with Foundation leadership, Jake Glaser, and family ambassadors; and event and Foundation information. Registration is free, but required.
About the Foundation:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 17 countries, at more than 5,000 sites worldwide. All monies raised will go toward implementing prevention, care, and treatment programs; to further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families around the world.
SOURCE Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation