SEATTLE, April 12, 2016 The Seattle Design Center is pleased to announce the return of the Northwest Design Awards (NWDA) for the 17th year. The awards seek to celebrate outstanding interior design in the Pacific Northwest by identifying and recognizing projects that exemplify design across a range of styles and spaces. This year's winners will be recognized at the 2016 NWDA Gala, Thursday, October 6, 2016, at the Seattle Design Center, which is currently undergoing an $11 million to $15 million renovation.
"We are excited to once again host the Northwest Design Awards at the revitalized Seattle Design Center," said Fareed Kanani, principal of Greenbridge Investment Partners. "NWDA has been an important event for the design community in the Northwest — it's important that we continue to recognize the talent and vision of designers and architects in this vibrant region. We think this year will be a true celebration of the substantial improvements to SDC, as well as what is to come at the Seattle Design Center."
2016 Northwest Design Awards honorees will be selected for their winning designs in fifteen categories:
- Bathroom — Includes new or renovated bathrooms within a private residence.
- Best Individual Room: Contemporary — Includes interior design work from any category for which the finished style of the room is a contemporary aesthetic.
- Best Individual Room: Traditional — Includes interior design work from any category for which the finished style of the room is a traditional aesthetic.
- Commercial — Includes staff workplaces, reception areas, meeting rooms, utility areas or other areas to the extent that the total workplace is represented.
- Exotic Retreat — Includes design for yachts, jets, unique spaces or vacation retreats that do not serve as a primary residence.
- Hospitality — Includes restaurants, hotel rooms, suites, lobbies and private function spaces created within hotels, motels or inns.
- Kitchen — Includes new or renovated kitchens within a private residence.
- Modest Budget, Big Impact — Includes interior design work from any category for which the entire design project budget was $50,000 or less.
- Most Innovative Design Component — Includes design of a single component in any room type, such as stairs, lighting fixtures, water features, entry doors or unique finish work.
- Outdoor Living Area — Includes exterior living space projects for which layout, furnishing and landscape design were orchestrated.
- Small Design Firm Luminary — Includes interior design work of any room type completed by design firms with fewer than five employees.
- Student — Includes classroom or independent projects for which the student had to address an assigned design challenge and render a conceptual solution. Winner will receive $1,500.
- Textile — Includes use of textiles and/or leathers in any room type that best supports a design concept.
- Whole House Less than $400,000 — Includes new or renovated areas within a private residence for which less than $400,000 was spent toward interior architecture and design, including furnishings and finishes.
- Whole House More than $400,000 — Includes new or renovated areas within a private residence for which more than $400,000 was spent toward interior architecture and design, including furnishings and finishes.
The submission process for design entries is currently open and will close at 5 p.m. (PST) on July 1, 2016. For more information, please visit www.seattledesigncenter.com/nwda/competition.
About the Seattle Design Center
Seattle Design Center (SDC) is a one-of-a-kind design center adjacent to Georgetown Squared office campus, conveniently located just four miles south of downtown Seattle in Georgetown. The only design center in the Pacific Northwest, SDC is home to more than 20 regional and national designer showrooms and is a hub for interior designers and decorators. SDC also features a large event space that is available for private and corporate events. For more information, go to: www.seattledesigncenter.com
Public Relations, GreenRubino for Seattle Design Center
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/17th-annual-northwest-design-awards-return-to-a-refreshed-seattle-design-center-300249562.html
SOURCE Seattle Design Center