SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- 18Birdies, the premier mobile and social golf platform powering the next generation of golf technology, today announced the launch of its golf platform at the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando. The highly awaited 18Birdies golf platform provides golfers with an easy-to-use mobile app that helps make golf more fun and exciting and provides courses with a leading edge course management system. 18Birdies gives the golf community the opportunity to track, compete and connect in real-time on their mobile devices and is available via iTunes and Google Play.
The easy-to-use 18Birdies app enhances golfers' experiences through useful tools and features that help them manage their games while making golf more social, competitive and fun. The app allows golfers to personalize their games, gamify golf along several different dimensions of gameplay and create a highly social, mobile experience for players to connect with their friends, groups and local golf community. 18Birdies is using its next generation golf technology to build and grow the golf community, from experienced players to a generation of Millennials who are increasingly looking for ways to combine their passions for social, technology and sports within their activities. 18Birdies combines all of these passions into one app for easy access to all the tools a golfer might need both on and off the course.
Through the 18Birdies app, users can actively communicate socially with other golfers, sharing highlights and lowlights of their golf experiences, challenge others in competition and develop new relationships with other golfers in their local communities.
"We wanted to provide the golf community with a simple and intuitive experience that uses the power of technology, gaming and social to make golf more innovative and fun," said Eddy Lui, Founder and CEO, 18Birdies. "As an avid golfer who also has a passion for technology, I saw first-hand how 18Birdies could help optimize the game for players and courses, and in turn heighten the experience for the golf community."
The 18Birdies mobile golf platform provides courses with tools and technology to connect and engage with their local golf community, and in turn innovate the game for golfers. By leveraging 18Birdies player data to understand who these golfers are, courses now have access to a wealth of data and an incredibly valuable set of consumer insights that is currently missing from the golf industry.
"At 18Birdies we're always innovating in order to provide the evolving golf community with the best features and most accurate data possible," said Joe Hardy, Chief Technology Officer, 18Birdies. "By offering a complete mobile platform to players and courses that utilizes next generation technology, we're truly making the game of golf more personalized and inclusive for everyone."
- The 18Birdies platform supports social networking between friends, the golf community, and courses, featuring on and off-course communication. Whether it is between groups of players on different holes or different courses, it's a place where players can share their highlights (and lowlights) in a fun way.
- Courses can communicate with their players to better understand their local golf community and connect with them.
- 18Birdies enables golfers to compete on a variety of levels, and allows golfers to play an array of side games including Skins, Strokes, Nassau and more.
- Dynamic leaderboards allow golfers to compare performance with their friends and others local golfers who play the same courses.
- 18Birdies GPS+ system offers high-resolution satellite views of the course provided by the Google Maps system – 18Birdies is fully integrated with Google Maps SDK.
- Location information is mapped to specific course features like tee box and green locations through our extensive database of course information.
18Birdies Blind Shot Compass
- When the green or pin aren't visible from where your ball lies, the 18Birdies Blind Shot compass takes risk out of the equation by providing the ability to explore alternate distances and directional options for the next shot.
18Birdies Scoring Features
- No more cluttered scorecards, the 18Birdies scoring system is the easy to use and nonintrusive - giving golfers a perfect system to track scores, handicaps and side games, while not taking away from the moment.
- With the 18Birdies "Captain" feature, one person can keep score for the entire group. Other players can view scores with real-time on-course updating. Historical score information is tracked and used to calculate handicaps.
For Golf Courses:
The 18Birdies mobile golf platform provides golf courses with tools and technology to innovate the customer experience for their players by providing courses with better ways to connect and engage with local golfers. 18Birdies tracks golfer data and provides courses with tools to better understand their local community.
For more information about the 18Birdies mobile golf platform, visit www.18birdies.com/birdie-central.
18Birdies is the premier mobile and social golf platform powering the next generation of golf technology and reimagining the golf experience. 18Birdies aims to inspire golfers of all ages and skill levels by managing their games, challenging and motivating them through competition, and sharing their experiences with other golfers.
18Birdies provides a simple and intuitive experience that harnesses the power of technology, gaming and social to make golf more innovative, fun and engaging. The 18Birdies mobile golf platform enhances the experience between golfers and the courses they play, growing the golf community.
For more information please visit www.18Birdies.com.