LOS ANGELES, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The International Press Academy (IPA) announces its schedule for the 18th Annual Satellite Awards, celebrating achievement in Film, Television, and Digital Media.
Beginning this year, original internet programming is eligible to compete in all broadcast and cable categories, plus an additional short-format category, provided it meets the following requirements:
- All entries must be original programming that is fictional. Original programs from the reality genre are not eligible.
- All entries must be Live-Action. Animated original programming is not eligible at this time.
- All entries must have originated as web content.
- Entries are eligible to compete in all broadcast and cable categories provided that they have a regular series episode running time of 20 minutes or more, they are a mini-series, or a made for television movie.
- Entries are eligible to compete in the Original Short-Format category provided they are at least 5 episodes with a regular series episode running time less than 20 minutes.
The 18th Annual Satellite Awards submission schedule is as follows:
November 15, 2013:
- Deadline for Television Entry Forms
November 18, 2013:
- Deadline for Blu-ray DVD & Video Game Entry Forms
November 22, 2013:
- Deadline for Motion Picture Entry Forms
November 25, 2013:
- Deadline for Press Media Accreditation
December 2, 2013:
- Nominations Announcement
December 15, 2013:
- Winners Announcement
Recipients of the Special Achievement Awards: Mary Pickford, Tesla, Auteur and Humanitarian will be announced at a later date.
The International Press Academy (IPA) is a global association of professional entertainment journalists representing both domestic and foreign markets in print, broadcast, and digital media outlets. See www.pressacademy.com for more information.
SOURCE International Press Academy