2011 Automotive News PACE Awards are Presented to 11 Suppliers for Outstanding Innovations
DETROIT, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Eleven automotive suppliers won 2011 Automotive News PACE Awards for innovation during a black tie ceremony last night at the Max M. Fisher Music Center in Detroit, Mich. Four automotive manufacturers were also honored during the program with Automotive News PACE Innovation Partnership Awards.
The 17th annual awards program for innovation honor suppliers that contribute products, processes, capital equipment, information technology or services directly to the manufacture of cars or trucks worldwide. The prestigious PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Award is presented by Automotive News, Ernst & Young LLP and Transportation Research Center Inc. (TRC Inc.).
Selected from among 35 finalists, the 2011 PACE Award winners are:
- Delphi Automotive – Troy, Mich. - Delphi Multec GDi Fuel Injector
- Federal-Mogul Corporation – Nuremberg, Germany and Southfield, Mich. - EcoTough® Piston Coating
- Federal-Mogul Corporation – Burscheid, Germany and Southfield, Mich. - Low-Friction LKZ® Oil Ring
- Henkel Corporation – Madison Heights, Mich. - Terophon High Damping Foam
- Honeywell Turbo Technologies – Torrance, Calif. - Honeywell DualBoost Turbocharger for Medium Duty Diesel Engines
- Janesville Acoustics – Southfield, Mich. - Molded Fiber IP Closeouts with Integrated Lighting and Ducts
- Key Safety Systems Inc. – Sterling Heights, Mich. - INFLATABELT - Inflatable Seat Belt System
- MAHLE – Stuttgart, Germany - Electrical Waste Gate Actuator
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH – Regensburg, Germany. - OSTAR Headlamp - LED Headlamp Light Source
- Robert Bosch GmbH – Stuttgart, Germany - Bosch P2 Parallel Full Hybrid System
- Schaeffler Technologies – Troy, Mich. - INA Lightweight Balance Shaft with Roller Bearings
- Takata Corporation – Auburn Hills, Mich. - Vacuum Folding Technology
"Every winner that emerges from the rigorous Automotive News PACE Award judging process is truly exceptional in the industry," said Peter Brown, Automotive News publisher and editorial director. "These eleven companies are clearly playing to win in this challenging global market."
Automotive manufacturers receiving Automotive News PACE Innovation Partnership Awards during last evening's ceremonies were:
- Chrysler Group LLC for its partnership on Molded Fiber IP Closeouts with Integrated Lighting and Ducts with Janesville Acoustics
- Ford Motor Company for its partnership on Powertrain Digital Integration and Automation (PDIA) with Dassault Systemes
- Ford Motor Company for its partnership on INFLATABELT - Inflatable Seat Belt System with Key Safety Systems Inc.
Innovation Partnership Award winners were selected by Automotive News PACE Award judges from the pool of 2011 finalists.
PACE Award winners were chosen following a thorough review of written submissions from each supplier and site visits by an independent panel of judges, drawn from among industry, academic and business leaders.
Profiles of each PACE Award winner are available by visiting www.autonews.com/pace.
Since 1925, Automotive News has been the place for all the news that is happening among automotive retailers, suppliers and manufacturers. Given the breadth of changes in our industry recently, Automotive News is with you every step of the way with information you can trust. Whether it is breaking news sent to your phone, digital editions and web products delivered to your desktop, or our print edition, Automotive News is there for you. Our award-winning editorial team covers the news everywhere it happens around the world. We also offer data, daily newscasts, webinars, conferences and events to keep you up to speed.
SOURCE Automotive News