2011 Governor's Awards for Historic Preservation to be Presented at State Capitol
LANSING, Mich., May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Following is a news release by Michigan State Housing Development Authority:
Who: Lt. Governor Brian Calley
Gary Heidel, Executive Director, Michigan State Housing Development Authority
Brian Conway, State Historic Preservation Officer
Senator Tom Casperson
Senator Howard Walker
Representative Ed McBroom
Representative Greg MacMaster
Representative Joan Bauer
Representative Mark Meadows
What: Lt. Governor Brian Calley, Gary Heidel, executive director of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority, and State Historic Preservation Officer Brian Conway will present six 2012 Governor's Awards for Historic Preservation tomorrow morning in the Capitol Rotunda.
The State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) initiated the award program in 2003 to recognize outstanding historic preservation achievements reflecting a commitment to the preservation of Michigan's unique character and the many cultural resources that document Michigan's past.
The 2012 recipients are:
- Keweenaw National Historical Park, Quinn Evans Architects, Yalmer Matilla Contracting, Inc., and the Keweenaw National Historical Park Advisory Commission, for the rehabilitation of the Union Building, Calumet
- Swanee, Incorporated and Barry Polzin Architects for the rehabilitation of the Richter Brewery, Escanaba
- G. A. Haan Development, U.P. Engineers and Architects, and Oakwood Construction for the rehabilitation of the Adams and Masonic Temple Buildings, Sault Ste. Marie
- City of Boyne City, C2AE , Richard Neumann Architect, and Graham Construction for the rehabilitation of the Boyne City Water Works Building, Boyne City
- Eastside Armory LLC, Studio Intrigue Architects and Kincaid Henry Building Group for the rehabilitation of the Lansing Artillery National Guard Armory, Lansing
- Michigan State Medical Society for stewardship of the Michigan Medical Society Building, East Lansing
When: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 9:00 a.m.
Where: Capitol Rotunda
SOURCE Michigan State Housing Development Authority
More by this Source
Iron Mountain Central Historic District Listed In the National Register of Historic Places
Oct 28, 2013, 12:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.