2011 MINI Countryman is Awarded NADAguides Car of the Month for June 2011 Space, Styling, a Sporty Drive and Fuel Efficiency Combine to Make the MINI Countryman a Distinctive Vehicle Consideration for Consumers
COSTA MESA, Calif., June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, names the 2011 MINI Countryman the NADAguides Car of the Month for June.
- The 2011 MINI Countryman was selected as the NADAguides Car of the Month for June 2011 based on the vehicle's fuel efficiency, coupled with ample space, sporty performance, attractive European styling and safety features that scored a "Top Safety Pick" from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- MINI introduced the Countryman as a compact crossover, offering the same MINI Cooper styling but with the convenience of four doors and capacity for four adults. The analysts at NADAguides feel MINI more than delivered on that goal by offering a more rugged and competent MINI Cooper body style with the Countryman, providing additional comfort and space without losing the original MINI Cooper look and feel.
- The analysts at NADAguides first took notice of the MINI Countryman when consumer interest for the vehicle on NADAguides.com rose significantly, increasing 106 percent from October to November 2010. That increased consumer interest continued throughout the remainder of the year and further expanded during the first quarter of 2011 – consumer interest for the MINI Countryman increased 101 percent during the first quarter of 2011 as compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
- The MINI Countryman has a starting MSRP of $21,650. Add in all-wheel drive, a turbocharged engine and additional features such as heated seats, adaptive xenon headlamps and performance suspension, and the MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4 starts at $26,950.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "Driving a unique vehicle like the MINI Countryman definitely gets heads turning your way. The rugged-looking Countryman is eye-catching, performance-ready, fun to drive and practical as well – offering great fuel efficiency, ample space and plenty of rich features, including a free one year subscription to SIRIUS Radio and a four year unlimited mileage roadside assistance. As the Car of the Month for June, our analysts were thoroughly impressed by the MINI Countryman; car shoppers will be as well."
- Jim McDowell, Vice President, MINI USA: "MINI is very proud of the success that the MINI Countryman has achieved since its introduction earlier this year, and this recognition from NADAguides reinforces that as the brand grows into new vehicle segments, MINI will continue to deliver on its promises for a premium small car experience. The MINI Countryman has helped MINI to achieve its best sales month ever in the US, and has quickly become a core part of the MINI lineup as the brand's second-best-selling model. We are looking forward to seeing its full potential; our dealer network and monthly sales continue to grow, introducing more people to MINI and its values."
2011 MINI Countryman Highlights
- Engine: The sporty and fun to drive MINI Countryman comes in three engine options including the Cooper Countryman with a 16-valve, 4-cylinder Aluminum Alloy Engine offering 121 horsepower and 114 lb-ft of torque, the Cooper S Countryman with a twin scroll turbocharged, 16-valve, 4-cylinder Aluminum Alloy Engine offers 181 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque, while the Cooper S Countryman ALL4 comes with the same engine as the Cooper S model but also includes all-wheel drive. The MINI Countryman achieves up to an estimated 35 MPG highway, 27 MPG city and 31 MPG combined.
- Interior: For driver comfort the MINI Countryman offers an alert ergonomic driving position, with six-way adjustable manual seats and height adjustable headrests. With color-adjustable ambient lighting, leatherette upholstery, and a three-spoke leather sport steering wheel with fingertip cruise control and audio controls, and multiple interior color options the analysts at NADAguides feel the MINI Countryman offers both comfort and style. The rear cargo space is twice the size of the original MINI Hardtop and the rear seats independently fold down to allow for optimum storage. NADAguides analysts found the unique four bucket seats comfortable and spacious enough for even the longest of road trips.
- Technology: The 2011 MINI Countryman comes with a free one-year subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio, and offers HD Radio™ Technology and a toggle switch instrument control. The Countryman also comes standard with a sport button with accelerator and steering programs, a start/stop button for turning the vehicle on and off, and remote entry, including two-step unlock and remote trunk release. Options also include auto-leveling, adaptive Xenon headlamps, heated seats, a panoramic sunroof, rain sensing wipers, a Harman/Kardon sound system, Bluetooth and USB/iPod adapter, MINI Connected that allows for Smartphone integration and voice recognition as well as navigation. The analysts at NADAguides found the MINI Connected with Navigation system to be a necessity, providing everything the driver needs at their fingertips.
- Safety: The MINI Countryman comes standard with a seven-airbag system with side-seat and side-curtain airbags, four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, cornering brake control, electronic brake force distribution, dynamic stability control, and an optional park distance control. The MINI Countryman received a "Top Safety Pick" from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) with a rating of "good" in frontal offset, side impact, and roof strength.
- Price/Warranty: The 2011 MINI Countryman starts at $21,650, the 2011 MINI Countryman S starts at $25,250, and the 2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 starts at $26,950. All three options come with a basic warranty of four years, 50,000 miles, along with a four year, unlimited mile roadside assistance program. The vehicle also comes with a three-year, 36,000 mile Boot to Bonnet No Cost Maintenance Program.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.