CHICAGO, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Workforce, the leading business publication for workforce management and human resources professionals, today announced its 2012 Game Changers Award winners.
The award recognizes the next generation of innovative, dynamic leaders to watch in human resources and workplace management. The winners are all rising stars, 40 years old and younger, who are making their mark in human resources and other areas of workplace management. They come from corporations and startups across the globe, all finding innovative ways to leap one step ahead of the competition.
"The Game Changers award allows Workforce the opportunity to honor and learn from key individuals in or supporting the human resources function and businesses overall. This year's winning individuals, again, represent a variety of talents with impressive results. I look forward to Workforce's ongoing conversations with our 2012 Game Changers," said Andrea Whitney, director of content strategy from Workforce.
Among those recognized is Kristen Neubert, with DaVita Inc., in Denver, Colorado. In addition to revamping DaVita's social media presence, she also introduced new technologies enabling recruiters to better track the quantity and quality of candidates and hires. This saved the company nearly $2 million, according to her supervisor Tony Blake, vice president of people services at DaVita. Blake added, "She is very intentional to not limit her thinking to the current, conventional body of knowledge."
We at Workforce believe this is true of all our 2012 award winners, who are all undeniably Game Changers. Each one shifting the way we think and approach talent acquisition to deliver unprecedented results.
The full list of Game Changers Award Honorees is as follows:
- Tia Benjamin, Director, North America and Global Software Talent Acquisition for Pitney Bowes of Stamford, CT
- Shruthi Bopaiah, Practice Lead, Internal Communications for Infosys Ltd. of Bangalore, India
- Danielle Dorter, SVP, Director of Human Resources for ID Media of New York, NY
- Sean Fahey, CEO for VidCruiter of Moncton, NB, Canada
- Jil Greene, Vice President of Human Resources and Community Relations for Harrah's New Orleans Casino and Hotel of New Orleans, LA
- Julie Hoff, Senior Director, HR Strategy, Planning and Communications for Express Scripts of St. Louis, MO
- Kristen Neubert, Manager, Recruiting Strategy and Innovation for DaVita Inc. of Denver, CO
- Mark Newman, Chief Innovation Officer and Founder for HireVue Inc. of Draper, UT
- Bjorn Reynolds, Founder and CEO for SafeGuard World International of Raleigh, NC
- Kelly Timpane, Director of HR and Corporate Services of Manassas, VA
The 2012 Game Changer Awards winners will be featured in the December issue of Workforce Management magazine and online at www.workforce.com.
About Workforce: Published by Crain Communications Inc., Workforce (Workforce Management magazine and workforce.com) is the leading business publication for workforce management and human resources professionals providing news, trends and analysis to over 5,000 print and 400,000 registered online subscribers. Other products include multiple a weekly e-mail newsletters, four annual online conferences, regular webcasts, and the industry respected Optimas Awards and Game Changer Awards. Now in its 90th year, Workforce Management magazine is one of the oldest and one of the largest continuously published business magazines in the United States.
About Crain Communications: Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with nearly 30 business, trade and consumer publications and related Web sites in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and Web sites have become required reading including Pensions & Investments, Advertising Age, Automotive News, AutoWeek, Business Insurance, Modern Healthcare, InvestmentNews and business weeklies in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland and New York. The company's Web site is www.crain.com.