2012 TPM Asia Conference panel to cover China's upcoming leadership change and how it relates to port and maritime policy
NEWARK, N.J., Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The upcoming TPM Asia conference will feature a presentation by Tom Behrens-Sorenson, Co-founder and Partner, of Navisino Advisors (Beijing) Ltd. and a former senior Maersk Line executive, called: "China port and maritime policy: Where is it headed amid its leadership transition?" The presentation is timely given that later this fall China will unveil its new leadership for the next decade at the 18th Party Congress. The presentation will address the following issues:
- There has been some indication that the central government may choose to more tightly regulate container rates – where is it headed?
- How is domestic container shipping evolving and how does China balance domestic versus international shipping, South China versus Shanghai/Yangtze River and the Bohai Bay?
- How is stimulus spending impacting port development and what are the government's priorities in port development and facilitation of containerized trade?
The TPM Asia conference will also feature the following speakers:
- Alan McTaggart, Group Logistics Director, Techtronic Industries
- Jon Windham, CFA, Head of Asia ex-Japan, Industrials Equity Research, Barclays Bank
- Alfred Hofmann, Director of Asia Seafreight, Kuehne & Nagel
- Ma Ze Hua, President, COSCO Group
- Ng Yat Chung, Group President and Chief Executive Officer, NOL
- Lucas Vos, Chief Commercial Officer, Maersk
- Ian Richardson, Director, Seko Logistics
For more information, or to register for the event, please visit: www.tpm-asia.com.
About The Journal of Commerce: The JOC is the leading information and marketing services provider for the domestic and international containerized cargo community. It delivers high-quality intelligence and expertise to help customers make better business decisions -- in print, online and face-to-face at leading industry events. In addition, the JOC provides best-in-breed marketing channels to help companies reach their target audience. JOC.com is the foremost industry Web site covering international and domestic logistics issues on a daily basis, and The Journal of Commerce is, and has been since 1827, the source for authoritative editorial content relied on by international logistics executives to help plan their global supply chain and better manage their day-to-day international logistics and shipping needs. This information is delivered through news, analysis, case studies, and perspective pieces. The JOC organizes several leading industry events each year, including the flagship conference, TPM in Long Beach, Calif. For more information visit JOC.com and JOCevents.com.
About UBM Global Trade — UBM Global Trade is the leading provider of proprietary data, news, business intelligence and analytical content supporting commercial maritime, rail, trucking, warehousing and logistics industries worldwide. The company's portfolio of more than 100 online, print and interactive workflow business solutions includes The Journal of Commerce, Breakbulk, RailResource, PIERS and an array of international trade and transportation databases and directories. UBM Global Trade, a subsidiary of UBM plc, is headquartered in Newark, NJ, with offices throughout the United States. For more information, explore www.ubmglobaltrade.com or call 800-223-0243 (+1-973-776-8660 outside the U.S. or Canada).
SOURCE UBM Global Trade
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.