2013 ENA Annual Achievement Award Recipients
Eleven Individuals and One Team Recognized by Emergency Nurses Association for Outstanding Commitment to Advancing the Specialty of Emergency Nursing
2013 Annual Achievement Award Recipients Demonstrate Exemplary Professional Practice, Leadership, Innovation, and Advocacy
DES PLAINES, Ill., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) announced the recipients of the Association's 2013 Annual Achievement Awards. The awards recognize individuals that exemplify exceptional professional practice, innovation, leadership, and advocacy. Individuals that receive an Achievement Award demonstrate an outstanding commitment to the advancement of the specialty of emergency nursing. ENA is a global membership organization of more than 40,000 emergency nurses.
The 2013 Annual Achievement Awards recognize individuals in specific areas such as Quality, Safety and Injury Prevention, Clinical Nursing, Nursing Practice and Professionalism, Nursing Education, Rising Star, Media, and Forensic Nursing. Recipients are nominated and then selected from a large pool of candidates.
"The recipients of the 2013 Annual Achievement Awards have each excelled in their specific specialty area, and are all committed to innovative thinking and leadership in order to continually advance emergency nursing," noted JoAnn Lazarus, MSN, RN, CEN, 2013 ENA President. "The profession of emergency nursing is truly enhanced due to their contributions, and the result is seen through nursing excellence and high quality patient care."
2013 Annual Achievement Award recipients:
- Pamela Bucaro, MS, RN, PCNS-BC, CPNP, CPEN (Kettering, OH) – Clinical Nurse Specialist Award
- Leah Davis, BSN, RN, CEN (Philadelphia, PA) - Nursing Education Award
- Suszanne Deyke, MSN, RN, CEN (Columbus, NE) – Nurse Manager Award
- Kathleen Flarity, DNP, PHD, CEN, CFRN, FAEN (Colorado Springs, CO) - Nurse Researcher Award
- Rhonda Holmstrom, BSN, RN, CEN (Woodbury Heights, NJ) – Nursing Practice and Professionalism Award
- Andrew Galvin, ACNP-BC, CEN (Blacksburg, VA) – Frank L. Cole Nurse Practitioner Award
- Nicholas Nelson, MS, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPN, TNS, NRP (Chicago, IL) – Rising Star Award
- AnnMarie Papa, DNP, RN, CEN, NE-BC, FAEN (Glenside, PA) – Judith C. Kelleher Award
- Cheryl Tan (Virginia Beach, VA) – Media Award
- Robin Walsh, BSN, RN (Leverett, MA) - Behind the Scenes Award
- Kimberly Wright, BSN, RN (Detroit, AL) – Barbara A. Foley Quality, Safety and Injury Prevention Award
- Christiana Care Health System (Newark, DE) - Forensic Nurse Examiner Team Award
About the Emergency Nurses Association:
ENA, which has more than 40,000 members worldwide, is the only professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing and emergency care through advocacy, expertise, innovation and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA develops and disseminates education and practice standards and guidelines, and affords consultation to both private and public entities regarding emergency nurses and their practice. Additional information is available at ENA's Web site, www.ena.org.
SOURCE Emergency Nurses Association