SAN FRANCISCO and FRAMINGHAM, Mass., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced the full agenda and lineup of speakers for its 2013 Game Marketing Summit (GMS) event, the premier conference for video game marketers. This year's speakers include top video game marketers, developers and technology providers. Featured speakers at the event, to name a few, include: Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming); Mike Snider (USA Today); Sean Ryan (Facebook) and Erlend Christoffersen (Supercell). Additionally, sessions will cover topics ranging from eSports, reaching the Gen Y consumer, monetization, as well as emerging platforms.
"It's a critical year in the video game industry and we are proud to bring together key leaders and visionaries in marketing to discuss the changing marketplace," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft, and Game Marketing Board of Governors Co-Chairman. "The diverse roster of speakers will bring fresh perspectives and useful insight for what's next in our industry at this year's Game Marketing Summit."
"The Game Marketing Summit represents our industry's greatest forum for facilitating discussions of best marketing best practices and creative solutions in an evolving marketplace," said Sarah Anderson, Senior Vice President of Marketing, 2K, and Game Marketing Board of Governors Co-Chairman. "This year's lineup of speakers and content is especially strong to help us all be prepared and inspired as the industry heads into a period of exciting change this fall."
Speaker and sessions highlights for the 2013 Game Marketing Summit include:
- "The Hooked Up Generation's Surprising Take on Gaming" (Keynote)
- Jack Myers – award-winning producer, media ecologist and author
- "Case Study: The Walking Dead: Unconventional is the New Norm – The Importance of 'Consumer Buy-In' In Today's Unsettled Market"
- Steve Allison – Senior Vice President, Publishing, TellTale Games
- "Broadcasting Games & the Rise of eSports"
- Mike Snider – Tech Reporter, USA Today (Moderator)
- Marcus "DJ WHEAT" Graham – Senior Manager of Partnerships, New Media, Twitch
- Sundance DiGiovanni – CEO, Major League Gaming
- Joshua Milligan – Senior Director of Online Strategy, Ubisoft
- Ryan Wyatt – Head of Live and eSports, Machinima
- Dennis Fong – CEO, Raptr
- "F2P & Discoverability – How to Successfully Market in this New Era"
- David Cole – Founder & CEO, DFC Intelligence (Moderator)
- Sho Masuda – Vice President, Marketing, GREE International Inc.
- Erlend Christoffersen – Head of User Acquisition, Supercell
- Sean Ryan – Director, Games Partnerships, Facebook
- Molly Passanisi – Head of Industry, Online Gaming, Google
As the world's largest video game marketing gathering, GMS provides the latest insights, perspectives and knowledge to help professionals stay ahead of the curve as well as the opportunity to network with the greatest innovators in game marketing. "The Game as the Platform" is the cornerstone theme for GMS 2013. This year is a pinnacle year for gaming promising explosive growth with new console launches, disruptive technology challenging the status-quo, ever increasing expansion with smartphones and tablets attracting millions of new game players. Sessions will address the ever-changing marketplace with a wide range of topics to help drive the success of products and keep up with what is new, next and relevant for success.
The Game Marketing Summit, formerly known as MI6, is a must-attend annual event for video game marketing professionals. Owned by IDG World Expo, GMS is a one-day event that brings together leading industry marketing and brand executives to discuss, deliberate, debate and celebrate the issues, opportunities and successes driving the interactive entertainment industry. The day culminates with the Game Marketing Awards Show where top creative work produced by and for the video game marketing community is showcased and honored. For more information or to register for the 2013 Game Marketing Summit, visit www.gamemarketingsummit.com.
About Game Marketing Summit
The Game Marketing Summit and Awards celebrates marketing excellence overall, while providing an all-inclusive forum for common thought, bond and community. For additional speaker information and details about the event, please visit www.gamemarketingsummit.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo