2013 Oncology Development Strategies Report: Considerable Commercial Potential but Specific Needs Must be Addressed
DUBLIN, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets announces the addition of "2013 Oncology Development Strategies Report: Considerable Commercial Potential but Specific Needs Must be Addressed" to its catalogue.
The oncology therapeutic area has seen significant development and advances over the last decade. However, oncology has one of the lowest overall clinical success rates of all therapy areas with only a third of oncology drugs that get to Phase III proceeding to approval. There are a number of factors that will affect the likelihood of success in oncology drug development and these must be taken into consideration when designing the clinical development plan. Oncology clinical trials tend to be more complex than those in other therapy areas, largely due to the number of endpoints that can be utilized, the growing need for adaptive trial design and the types of patients that are eligible for the clinical studies. While overall survival is the gold standard endpoint, achieving this is challenging for many oncology trials and other endpoints such as progression-free survival are frequently used as surrogates.
The approval of oncology drugs has been facilitated by regulatory mechanisms that have been put in place to expedite the process for drugs with small patient populations or that address areas of high unmet need. Programs to allow early access to developmental drugs are becoming the norm in oncology, largely driven by the high unmet need and serious nature of the disease, but also due to a desire to obtain real-life data.
The http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scsjwb/oncology report, Oncology Development Strategies - Considerable Commercial Potential but Specific Needs Must Be Addressed, was written to provide support and guidance to companies who are both new entrants and long time players in the oncology space. CBR Pharma Insights provides in-depth analysis on the challenges that exist in developing new oncology products and launching them successfully into a challenging health care climate.
Reasons to Purchase
- Provides insight into why the development of oncology drugs is different compared to other therapy areas and the implications for the overall process
- Enables you to understand the regulatory mechanisms in place to expedite approval of new oncology drugs and how these should be incorporated into strategic launch planning
- Provides in-depth analysis of key aspects of oncology clinical trial design, examining the merits of different endpoints, alternative trial designs and the importance of biomarkers in oncology clinical trials and drug development
- Better understand the key critical requirements when planning for a successful oncology launch, including the impact of indication sequencing and how to address specific pricing and reimbursement needs
- Gain clear and actionable recommendations on crucial factors to consider when progressing a new oncology drug through clinical testing, the regulatory process and launch
Key Topics Covered
Why is oncology different?
Oncology clinical trials
- Trial design
- Access to patients
- Regional data needs
- Mechanisms in place that can facilitate oncology approvals
- Critical success factors
Effective oncology launch strategies
- Launch sequencing
- Pricing and reimbursement considerations
- Communication planning
- Launching with immature data
For more information please visit Research and Markets.
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
More by this Source
Vinyl Chloroformate (CAS 5130-24-5) Market Research Report
Mar 14, 2014, 18:00 ET
Hydroxytyrosol (CAS 10597-60-1) Market Research Report
Mar 14, 2014, 18:00 ET
Keratinase (CAS 9025-41-6) Market Research Report
Mar 14, 2014, 18:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.