2014 Game Marketing Summit Unveils Initial Agenda and Speaker Lineup
Including Presenters from Facebook, Twitch, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Nissan and REVOLT
The ninth annual GMS will be held in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on Wednesday, April 23, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO and FRAMINGHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced the initial agenda and lineup of speakers for its 2014 Game Marketing Summit® (GMS) event, the leading conference for interactive game marketing professionals. This year's speakers include top video game marketers, developers and technology providers. Featured speakers at the event, to name a few, include: Peter Jonas (Facebook); Guy Longworth (Sony Computer Entertainment America); Jonathan Simpson-Bint (Twitch); Mike Lu (GREE) and Michael Awdish (Nissan). Sessions will cover topics ranging from how to reach Gamers 24/7, to building social strategy and strategic partnerships to mobile marketing. The ninth annual GMS will be held in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on Wednesday, April 23, 2014.
The 2014 Game Marketing Summit will include an unprecedented line-up of game marketing experts, innovators and visionaries," said Marci Yamaguchi Hughes, General Manager, GMS. "The marketing gurus behind brands such as Facebook, 2K, REVOLT and Nissan will delve into, and provide actionable advice about, the most important issues facing game marketers today, including exclusive research on next-gen gamers and insights on future trends and key consumer behavior that will impact the way we need to market in this ever-changing landscape."
"The Game Marketing Summit delivers incredible value to those who attend," said Sarah Anderson, senior vice president of Marketing, 2K and Game Marketing Board of Governors Co-Chairman. "This year's GMS will offer exceptional content tailored to game marketers, providing the insights and tools to excel as they bring new products to market or manage successful franchises in the months ahead. We invite game marketers of all stripes to join us, to learn and contribute at GMS 2014."
Speaker and session highlights for the 2014 Game Marketing Summit include:
- "Crafting Contagious Content" (Keynote)
- Jonah Berger – New York Times Bestselling Author of "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" and Marketing Professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- "Marketing Worth Sharing" (Keynote)
- Tom Fishburne – Founder & CEO, Marketoon Studios
- "Influencing with Intent: Building your Social Strategy"
- Chris Thorne - Vice President, Media and Marketing, Electronic Arts
- Ryan Jones - Director of Communications, 2K
- Jake Katz – Vice President, Audience Insights & Strategy, REVOLT
- Wendy Zaas – Executive Vice President, Rogers & Cowan
- "Gaming Evolved: The Changing Landscape"
- Guy Longworth – Senior Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Greg Short - CEO and Founder of EEDAR
- "Off to the Races: How Strategic Partnerships Pay Off"
- Michael Awdish, Senior Manager, Interactive Marketing, Nissan North America
- "The Persistent Dialogue: What It Takes to Talk to Gamers 24/7"
- Mike Lu - Vice President of Product, GREE
- N'Gai Croal – Founder and Principal, Hit Detection
Check out all the up-to-date information on GMS 2014 at: www.gamemarketingsummit.com. Information is also available on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GameMarketingSummit and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GameMarketers or use #GMS14.
About Game Marketing Summit
As the world's largest interactive game marketing gathering, the Game Marketing Summit celebrates marketing excellence overall, while providing an all-inclusive forum for common thought, bond and community. Owned by IDG World Expo, GMS is a one-day event that brings together leading industry marketing and brand executives to discuss, deliberate, debate and celebrate the issues, opportunities and successes driving the interactive entertainment industry culminating with the Game Marketing Awards Show where top creative work produced by and for the video game marketing community is showcased and honored. For additional information, please visit www.gamemarketingsummit.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®/iWorld®, the MacIT® Conference, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), The Game Marketing Summit® (GMS), Anime Expo®, BlogHer, BlogHer Food, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE Game Marketing Summit