HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has released its 2015-2016 Annual Report in electronic format. The report can be downloaded by visiting the Gaming Control Board's web site, www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov, and choosing the 2015-2016 PGCB Annual Report link under the Quick Links section of the homepage.
In addition to an encapsulation of statewide casino gaming revenue generated during the fiscal year, the report also highlights:
- Breakdowns of slot machine and table game gross revenue and tax revenue for each casino including amounts distributed through the Local Share Fund to counties and municipalities that host a casino;
- Reports and pertinent statistical figures from all of the Gaming Control Board's key bureaus;
- A list of all Executive Sessions held during the fiscal year;
- Revenue and expenditures during the fiscal year by the Gaming Control Board, along with a breakdown of employment at the agency; and,
- A report on the Gaming Control Board's efforts to educate youth and parents about underage gaming.
About the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board:
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board was established in 2004 and is tasked to oversee all aspects of the state's casino industry. There are 10 stand-alone and racetrack casinos in operation, along with the two smaller resort casinos. These facilities collectively employ 18,000 people and annually generate more than $1.4 billion in tax revenue from slot machine and table games play. The largest portion of that money is used for property tax reduction to all Pennsylvania homeowners with additional tax revenue going to the horse racing industry, economic development projects, fire companies, county fairs, water and sewer projects, the Commonwealth's General Fund, and to local governments that host casinos.
Additional information about both the PGCB's regulatory efforts and Pennsylvania's casino gaming industry can be found at www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov. You can also follow the agency on Twitter by choosing @PAGamingControl.
CONTACT: Doug Harbach or Richard McGarvey
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2015-2016-annual-report-of-the-pennsylvania-gaming-control-board-released-300335641.html
SOURCE Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board