NEW YORK, May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- 2015 Brazilian M2M Market : Maturity of PoS and Fleet Management Segments Lead Wireless Carriers to Invest in New Applications and VAS
This Frost & Sullivan research service on the Brazilian cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) market provides detailed market forecasts, drivers and restraints, as well as competitive analyses of participants from 2015 to 2021. It covers the top verticals in the Brazilian M2M market including finance, such as card payment point-of-sale (PoS) terminals; automotive, such as fleet management, telematics, and connected car services; and utilities, including electricity smart metering. Additionally, it provides lines in service (LIS) forecasts and market trends for each vertical.
-Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications is beginning to emerge as a relevant revenue source for telcos in Latin America and fulfill its long-promised growth potential. With ubiquitous connectivity becoming the norm globally and the Internet of Things (IoT) starting to become a reality, the time is ripe for carriers to fully invest in this innovative new business.
• M2M technology is key to guaranteeing the continued growth of telcos over the coming years, as revenues from traditional telecommunications services stagnate and convergent, verticalized solutions are expected to grow to represent % of telcos' global revenues by 2018.
• In Brazil, M2M has evolved into a highly competitive market using cellular technology, with the country's top-4 wireless carriers being strong participants, together representing % of data access revenues. M2M's potential is clear; all of the new entrants in Brazil's wireless market have chosen to focus on this segment, leveraging the low-cost structure enabled by the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) model.
• In 2015, the market grew % in local currency, ending the year at R$ million, or $ million. Lines in service reduced growth from % in 2014 to % in 2015, which shows that the market is becoming more mature and points to a trend of increasing average revenues per line (ARPL) in coming years, as the adoption of more advanced applications grows.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What are the major drivers and restraints facing telecom operators in growing M2M revenues?
• What is the market size of the M2M market and what is the forecasted growth for the future?
• Who are the key market participants and how are carriers innovating in order to keep up in this competitive landscape?
• Which are the industry verticals adopting M2M solutions in Brazil and what is their growth potential?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03846646-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2015-brazilian-m2m-market-300274324.html