CHICAGO, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA) and CNA today announced the recipients of this year's Safety Awards. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe International (TPA) company members, the FMA/CNA Safety Awards program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have an ongoing commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council and the awards are sponsored by CNA.
"On behalf of the FMA, I'm pleased to announce this year's FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners," said Edward Youdell, President and CEO, FMA. "The commitment to safety demonstrated by this year's winners is best described as 'world class.' The winners have set an incredibly high bar for all manufacturers to benchmark themselves against. I congratulate them all for their achievements in the area of safety."
"We're proud to recognize these companies for their outstanding and ongoing efforts to create safe working conditions for their employees," said Franklin Maccotan, Assistant Vice President and Industry Leader, Manufacturing, CNA. "This accomplishment could not be achieved without a culture dedicated to safety and risk management."
The 2016 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records – no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2015. Companies receiving the 2016 Safety Award of Honor are:
- BTD Manufacturing, Inc., (two facilities – Lakeville, Minn. and Elk River, Minn.)
- Eskay Metal Fabricating, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Haven Manufacturing Group, Brunswick, Ga.
- Integrity Stainless, Latrobe, Penn.
- Material Fabricators, Inc., Buellton, Calif.
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
- Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel, (four facilities - Mt. Sterling, Ky.; Dover, Ohio; Roseville, Minn..; and Moses Lake, Wash.)
- Plymouth Tube, Streator, Ill.
- Standard Iron, Monticello, Minn.
- Superior Joining Technologies, Inc., Machesney Park, Ill.
The 2016 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2015 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the merit winners, Anderson & Dahlen has won a safety award for ten consecutive years; GH Metal Solutions has won a safety award for seven consecutive years; BTD - Detroit Lakes has won a safety award for six consecutive years; and JMC Steel - Blytheville, Ark. has won a safety award for five consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2016 Safety Award of Merit are:
- ADM Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
- Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- BTD Manufacturing, (two facilities - Detroit Lakes, Minn. and Lakeville, Minn.)
- Buhler Aeroglide, Cary, N.C.
- Cerro Flow Products, LLC, Shelbina, Mo.
- Columbiana Hi Tech, LLC, Kernersville, N.C.
- Dupps Company, Germantown, Ohio
- General Sheet Metal Works, Tomah, Wis.
- Genzink Steel, Holland, Mich.
- GH Metal Solutions, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group, Blytheville, Ark.
- KMS Fab, Luzerne, Penn.
- Lindsay Corp., Detroit, Mich.
- Olympic Steel, (six facilities – Schaumburg, Ill; Gary, Ind.; two location in Plymouth, Minn. Bedford Heights, Ohio; and Detroit, Mich.)
- PlayCore Wisconsin, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- Precision Fabricating & Cleaning Co., Inc., Cocoa, Fla.
- Standard Iron. (two facilities –Sauk Centre, Minn., and Alexandria, Minn.)
- Tri Tool, Inc., Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- Welfab, Inc., North Billerica, Mass.
The 2016 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2015 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate based on their NAICS code. Of the Honorable Mention winners, JMC Steel Group, Harrow, Ontario has won a safety award for six consecutive years. Companies receiving the 2016 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
- JMC Steel Group – (two locations - Chicago, Ill.; and Harrow, Ontario)
- Mayflower Vehicle Systems, Shadyside, Ohio
- Tennsco Corp., Dickson, Tenn.
The 2016 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Olympic Steel, Moses Lake, Wash., for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2015 through Dec. 31, 2015. Firms of all sizes were eligible, and the winners were determined based on NAICS code categories and BLS injury and illness incidence rates.
The awards will be presented at a recognition dinner at the Annual FMA Safety Conference, which takes place April 13-14, 2016 in Dayton, Ohio at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. For more information on the awards program, the Safety Conference or FMA membership, please visit http://fmanet.org/membership/safety-awards/ or call 888-394-4362.
CNA has been FMA's endorsed business insurance provider for more than 20 years. The FMA/CNA insurance program offers asset protection tailored to the needs of metal manufacturing companies, dedicated customer service from an independent agent and industry-specific counsel. To learn more about the FMA/CNA insurance program, please visit www.cna.com/fma.
Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country's eighth largest commercial insurance writer and the 14th largest property and casualty company. CNA's insurance products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine, and other property and casualty coverages. CNA's services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration. For more information, please visit CNA at www.cna.com. "CNA" is a service mark registered by CNA Financial Corporation with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Certain CNA Financial Corporation subsidiaries use the "CNA" service mark in connection with insurance underwriting and claims activities.
Based in Rockford, Ill., FMA is a professional organization with over 2,500 members working together to improve the metal processing, fabricating, and forming industry. Founded in 1970, FMA brings metal fabricators and fabricating equipment manufacturers together through technology councils, educational programs, networking events, and the FABTECH® trade show. FMA also has two technology affiliates, the Tube & Pipe Association, International (TPA), which focuses on the unique needs of companies engaged in tube and pipe producing and fabricating; and Sustainable Manufacturer Network, a professional organization of individual members dedicated to working toward environmentally-friendly manufacturing. Visit www.fmanet.org for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2016-fmacna-safety-award-winners-announced-300240594.html
SOURCE CNA; FMA