LAS VEGAS, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) announced the winners of its 2016 Silver Plate Awards today. Nine Silver Plate category winners were unveiled by 2015 Gold Plate Honoree John Miller, president and CEO of Denny's, at the annual IFMA Chain Operators EXchange (COEX) in Las Vegas.
Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders and then selected by a distinguished jury, including national trade press editors, foodservice experts and past award winners. From the Silver Plate winners, one is chosen by the jury to receive the foodservice industry's most prestigious recognition, IFMA's 2016 Gold Plate Award.
"Much like all the accomplished honorees who have come before them, the Silver Plate Class of 2016 demonstrates the highest levels of foodservice excellence," said IFMA President and CEO Larry Oberkfell. "The foodservice industry congratulates this year's honorees for their hard work, dedication and ongoing success."
2016 Silver Plate Winners Include:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Thom Sehnert, founder/owner & president, Annie Gunn's and The Smokehouse Market (nominated by Anheuser-Busch).
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept: Stephen Carley, CEO, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, (nominated by Dawn Food Products, Inc.).
- Chain Limited Service: Charlie Morrison, president and CEO, Wingstop, Inc. (nominated by Basic American Foods).
- Healthcare: Diane Imrie, director of Nutrition Services, University of Vermont Medical Center, (nominated by Basic American Foods).
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Jeff Denton, director of Child Nutrition Programs, Ponca City Public Schools (nominated by Basic American Foods).
- Colleges & Universities: Rafi Taherian, associate vice president, Yale Hospitality, Yale University (nominated by Basic American Foods, JL&A Communications and Sysco).
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Mike Barclay, president, Southern Foodservice Management, Inc. (nominated by Basic American Foods).
- Specialty Foodservice: Rick Abramson, executive vice president & chief operating officer, Delaware North Companies (nominated by Anheuser-Busch, Ecolab and PepsiCo).
- Hotels & Lodging: Wolfgang Lindlbauer, chief discipline leader, Global Operations, Marriott International (nominated by Ecolab)
New Day and Location for 2016 Awards Celebration:
The Gold Plate Award will be announced by way of secret ballot at the 62nd Annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration—taking place in Chicago on a new day, Saturday, May 21. The event will also be held at a new venue, Revel Fulton Market, in Chicago's hot West Loop neighborhood, packed with nightlife that features all the best of the city in one location.
About the Event and Sponsorships
Tickets are now available to attend the 62nd Annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration, where the winner of the prestigious IFMA Gold Plate for overall industry excellence will be announced. In addition, a new award will be unveiled by the National Restaurant Association that recognizes an operator for their distinguished career in foodservice.
2016 Gold & Silver Plate Celebration event sponsorship opportunities are also available. View a list of sponsorship opportunities.
About International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA)
IFMA is the leading trade association comprised of the world's most prestigious food, equipment and supply manufacturers in the $600 billion foodservice industry, as well as related marketing service organizations, trade publications, distributors and brokers. IFMA's Vision is to provide our member community and industry partners the opportunity to enhance the consumer's enjoyment of the foodservice choice. For more information, visit ifmaworld.com. Follow IFMA on Twitter: @IFMAWORLD and Facebook or join our group on LinkedIn.
SOURCE International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA)