2020 Vision of the Global Medium-Heavy Commercial Truck Market
Smart, green and connected trucks to drive freight mobility improvements and industry revenues, according to this upcoming Frost & Sullivan webinar
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. EDT
Online, with free registration
Sandeep Kar, Frost & Sullivan's Global Director of Commercial Vehicle Research
The global medium-heavy truck market, a leading indicator of economic activity, is undergoing tectonic changes and finding itself functioning in a flat world ecosystem. Sales volumes for this market will come from emerging markets and margins from emerging technologies. Despite the market posting sluggish growth rates globally, Frost & Sullivan's most recent research focused on the global commercial vehicle industry, forecasts commercial vehicle sales to reach 4.6 million units by 2020.
This presentation will focus on growth opportunities available to global commercial vehicle market participants, as the industry further evolves over the period of 2013 to 2020. Moving forward, technologies encompassing advanced powertrain, connectivity, safety, regulation compliance and, most importantly, total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction will create growth opportunities for disparate market participant groups.
"Companies such as Daimler and Volvo will intensify competition in global markets. Both of these OEMs will experience success through low-cost truck market exposure," said Frost & Sullivan's Global Director of Commercial Vehicle Research Sandeep Kar. "Additionally, Chinese, Indian, and Korean OEMs will benefit from growth in demand from Next-11 and African economies."
This analyst briefing will offer attendees unique and insightful takeaways focused on:
- Global economic trends and forces shaping demand for medium-heavy commercial vehicles
- Regional and global growth outlook for the medium-heavy truck market
- Powertrain, connectivity and safety technology outlook
- The movement towards platform-based truck production
- The move globally to a low-cost truck
- The top 5 predictions and trends for the global medium-heavy commercial truck market
"Connectivity, down time reduction, health wellness and wellbeing, safety, data analytics, form-factor reduction, and fuel efficiency enhancement, while ensuring emission reduction will be the key technology focal points of truck OEMs and tier-1 suppliers," said Kar. "Furthermore, OEMs are building and executing plans aimed towards generating nearly 34 percent of total production of medium and heavy commercial vehicles from platforms by 2018. There will be a focus on making trucks cheaply."
A live, interactive question and answer session will follow the briefing.
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation research group, please visit: http://www.automotive.frost.com.
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
More by this Source
Frost & Sullivan: Are you Prepared for the Disruptions of Software Defined Networking?
Dec 05, 2013, 09:45 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.