NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, has announced the 2016–17 team of 22 exceptional preschool–grade 8 educators to serve as bloggers for "Top Teaching." From suggestions for improving reading comprehension to tips for family engagement, the Top Teaching blog provides readers with daily, original blog posts featuring essential resources for educators' day-to-day efforts in the classroom. Handpicked by Scholastic editors, the new and returning bloggers will share lesson ideas, classroom strategies, book lists, videos, giveaways and more throughout the school year on Scholastic.com, the #1 website for U.S. elementary school teachers.
To learn more about the Scholastic Top Teaching blog and the 2016–17 blog team, visit: www.scholastic.com/topteaching.
"We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with this outstanding group of teachers and provide daily ideas inspired by personal experiences in the classroom and tied to school year milestones," said Maggie McGuire, Vice President of eScholastic. "At Scholastic, we know how important it is for educators to have access to high-quality resources, ideas, and strategies throughout the year and we are confident the Top Teaching blog will continue to serve as an invaluable asset for our online readers."
The 2016–17 Top Teaching Bloggers:
- Elaine Winter, New York
- Julie Ballew, Grade 4, Texas
- Angela Bunyi, Grade 1, Tennessee
- Kriscia Cabral, Grade 4, California
- Shari Carter, Kindergarten, Idaho
- Genia Connell, Grade 3, Michigan
- Christy Crawford, Grades K–7 Technology Specialist, New York
- Shari Edwards, Grades 3 & 7, Kansas
- Meghan Everette, Grades K–6, Utah
- Nancy Jang, Grade 2, California
- Nicole Kent, Grade 3, California
- Allie Magnuson, Kindergarten, Nevada
- Tiffani Mugurussa, Kindergarten, California
- Amanda Nehring, Grades 1–2, Illinois
- Lindsey Petlak, Grades K–5, Illinois
- Brian Smith, Kindergarten, North Carolina
- Andrea J. Spillett, Kindergarten, California
- Alycia Zimmerman, Grade 3, New York
- Mary Blow, Grade 6, New York
- Stacey Burt, Grades K–6, Tennessee
- John DePasquale, Grade 6, New York
- Rhonda Stewart, Grade 6, New Jersey
For more information about Scholastic, visit our online media room at http://mediaroom.scholastic.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/22-talented-educators-will-share-expertise-throughout-201617-school-year-as-scholastic-top-teaching-bloggers-300352489.html
SOURCE Scholastic Inc.