2U, Inc. Honored With Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, Named One Of The Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work For in 2014 2U Represents Maryland in Honored Companies List; One of Two Education Companies Recognized for Best Places to Work
LANDOVER, Md., Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2U, Inc., a leader in developing the world's best online educational experiences in partnership with leading universities, has been honored as one of the Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work For in 2014, a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award. The Employees' Choice Awards rely solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies via Glassdoor's anonymous online company review survey.
"2U's culture is driven by the belief that today is the most important day to change the world. This belief has led us to attract and retain high-achieving employees of all talents who share a passion to realize education's potential," says Chip Paucek, 2U co-founder and CEO. "We're proud to live and breathe a culture of hard work while having fun at 2U and being recognized by our own team is a meaningful honor. We couldn't be more excited about the future at 2U."
"Glassdoor is working to create greater workplace transparency and is committed to helping people find jobs they love," said Glassdoor CEO & Co-founder Robert Hohman. "Through the Employees' Choice Awards, we aim to highlight those employers that excel in keeping employees satisfied and engaged."
2U, Inc. is ranked #17 among the Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in 2014. The Glassdoor company review survey includes both quantitative and qualitative questions designed to capture a genuine and authentic inside look at what it's like to work at particular jobs and companies. The survey asks employees to rate their satisfaction with the company overall, and key workplace factors like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, work/life balance, senior management, as well as culture and values. In addition, employees are asked to describe the best reasons to work at their company as well as any downsides.
The complete list of Employees' Choice Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for Award Winners: http://bit.ly/GDBPTW
2U is hiring in Landover, Maryland (near the Washington DC area), New York City, Los Angeles and other locations! The company takes great pride in its work culture and offers a high-energy work start-up environment that's both challenging and fun. Please visit the Company's career page for more information: http://2u.com/about/careers or follow us on Twitter @2UInc or on Facebook.
About 2U, Inc.
2U is revolutionizing higher education by developing the world's best online educational experiences in partnership with leading universities. Founded in 2008 by a team of education veterans, 2U provides universities with the technology, infrastructural support and capital they need to transform on-campus programs into state-of-the-art web-based programs. 2U's partner programs deliver unparalleled student retention, satisfaction and outcomes. For more information, please visit 2U.com.
2U has partnered with prestigious colleges and research universities to deliver the following groundbreaking online programs:
- USC Rossier Online: Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Teaching –TESOL and Master of Education in Advanced Instruction from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
- MSW@USC: Master of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Georgetown: Master of Science in Nursing from Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
- MBA@UNC: Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: Master of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- @WashULaw: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- MPH@GW: Master of Public Health (MPH) from the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services
- International Relations Online: Master of Arts in International Relations from American University's School of International Service
- Semester Online: For-credit undergraduate program through a consortium of leading colleges and universities
- Nursing@Simmons: Master of Science in Nursing from Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- datascience@berkeley: Master of Information and Data Science (MIDS) from the University of California Berkeley School of Information
- MHA@GW: Executive Master of Health Administration from the George Washington School of Public Health and Health Services
Glassdoor is the world's most transparent career community that is changing the way people find jobs and companies recruit top talent. Founded in 2007, Glassdoor offers members the latest job listings, as well as access to proprietary user-generated content including company-specific salary reports, ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, interview questions and reviews, office photos and more. Members also have the ability to see Inside Connections™ at particular companies via their Facebook network. In addition, thousands of employers are using Glassdoor's Talent Solutions to support their recruiting and employment branding efforts. Glassdoor is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Battery Ventures, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group and Tiger Global. Glassdoor's mobile app is available on iOS and Android platforms. More information about Glassdoor can be found on the Glassdoor Blog, Glassdoor Talent Solutions Blog and by following the company on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Glassdoor.com is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
SOURCE 2U, Inc.