LANDOVER, Md., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2U, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that enable leading nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver their high-quality education to qualified students anywhere, today released six new mobile apps that provide students with anytime, anywhere access to course content without the need for an Internet connection. This launch completes the mobile access rollout across all 2U enabled graduate and undergraduate programs. The apps are available for iOS on the Apple iTunes App Store and for Android devices on Google Play.
This expanded mobile offering demonstrates 2U's commitment to delivering technology-enabled services that provide students with complete access to their coursework no matter where they are located across the globe. Mobile apps are now available for every student in a 2U partner program, allowing students to view course materials and videos, network with professors and peers, and receive notifications for upcoming assignments or events from wherever they are. View a video demonstration of 2U’s mobile app here.
This latest rollout includes apps for the following graduate programs supported by 2U:
- datascience@berkeley, a Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley School of Information
- International Relations Online, a Master of Arts in International Relations from the American University School of International Service
- MPA@UNC, a Master of Public Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- MPH@GW, a Master of Public Health from the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Nursing@Simmons, a Master of Science in Nursing from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- @WashULaw, a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
"With the release of these six new mobile apps, every student we support now has complete access to the coursework for their degree or for-credit program, with or without an Internet connection," said James Kenigsberg, 2U's chief technology officer.
The mobile apps include the following features to enhance the online learning experience:
- Offline course materials: Students can download and watch course videos offline and access class materials with or without an Internet connection.
- Network: Students can connect and interact with their fellow classmates and peers around the world. The entire class network is available on the app to start discussions, study sessions or social groups.
- Notifications: Alerts inform students of upcoming live class sessions, assignment due dates or events so they can stay on top of their coursework.
- Seamless Notes: Content posted through the mobile app will seamlessly transfer to the web the next time a student logs into their desktop learning platform, allowing notes to sync effortlessly.
"Students in our online program have career pursuits and personal obligations that often require convenient mobile access to connect with professors and classmates, and complete course assignments whether they're on or off the grid," said James Goldgeier, Dean of American University's School of International Service. "Our partnership with 2U allows International Relations Online students to do just that, truly reinforcing the flexibility we offer in our online program."
About 2U, Inc.
Founded in 2008 by a team of education and technology veterans, 2U enables leading colleges and universities to deliver their high quality education to qualified students anywhere. Our cloud-based software-as-a-service platform provides schools with the comprehensive operating infrastructure they need to attract, enroll, educate, support, and graduate their students. Our mission is to enable the education our clients provide to reach its highest potential so students can reach theirs.
Shirley Chow, 2U, Inc.
Ellen Manuszak, Resound for 2U, Inc.
SOURCE 2U, Inc.