SAN DIEGO, Oct. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Solar Gard, a global leader in patent-protected film technologies for sun and surface protection across the automotive, architecture, commercial and residential industries, will unveil and demonstrate the power of its Clearshield Pro Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Ultra Performance Plus 80 Window Film solutions at SEMA 2016 in Booth #12175 of the North Hall.
- As a division of the international glass and building technology icon Saint-Gobain – an organization whose 350-year legacy originated with the Hall of Mirrors in Paris' Palace of Versailles and extends to NASA's Mars Curiosity Rover – Solar Gard's automotive solutions are created through the expansive research and development capacity of the company. The brand's proprietary technology includes virtually invisible films that significantly reject heat from the sun, while diminishing the threat of UV damage. Combined with the best in customization options, Solar Gard's style and technology offerings are unmatched.
- Clearshield Pro is a tough, optically clear barrier that acts as a shield for factory paint on vehicles of every kind. The effective layer guards against chips, scratches and stains caused by road debris, insects or humans. From big trucks, family minivans, sports sedans to ultra-luxury supercars – drivers and custom builders can now powerfully protect their investments and preserve the new look of their vehicles without having to alter their original appearance.
- Ultra Performance Plus 80: Solar Gard's expertise in enhancing some of the most iconic buildings with window film technology for heat reduction, interior preservation and shatter/intrusion protection now extends to everyday vehicles. Advanced nano-ceramic technology delivers high infrared and heat rejection that can reduce interior surface temperatures by up to 39°F. Virtually invisible for an unaltered view and unparalleled clarity, Ultra Performance Plus 80 also blocks 99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays – while reinforcing the window and helping to guard passengers from the potential dangers of shattered glass.
"The Solar Gard story is so much more than just the bold style customization and advanced technology offerings of our automotive film solutions," said Kendall Combs, global marketing director for Solar Gard. "Cars all over the world feature glass technologies developed by Saint-Gobain in conjunction with leading automotive manufacturers. At Solar Gard, we've taken that level of expertise and professionalism to tackle some of the most daunting challenges for glass including bomb blast mitigation and heat rejection. We improve daily life through comfort and protection, and it's proven on landmark structures around the world, from the Beijing Airport to the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building on Pennsylvania Avenue."
BOOTH #12175: SOLAR GARD STORIES.
- Justin and Anna Scribner from Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration, the stars of the hit TV series, FLIPPIN' RVs, being re-launched in 2017 on the Travel Channel will be on hand Tuesday, November 1 from 2:00–3:00p.m., and Friday, November 4, from 11:00 a.m. – noon, to share the story behind Solar Gard and Saint-Gobain's work in revitalizing a 1950 Westcraft Coronado trailer. The trailer, featuring window technology and surface enhancements, will be on display in the Saint-Gobain/Solar Gard booth for visitors to explore.
- The booth experience will include a hands-on demonstration of Solar Gard's immense effectiveness in solar heat reduction and vehicle interior protection. In addition, installation demonstrations will also be available for Clearshield Pro and Ultra Performance Plus 80.
- Dive deeper into some of the most exciting stories behind Saint-Gobain/Solar Gard's impact with top automotive manufacturers, prominent buildings and more.
- Saint-Gobain case study sample: I.M. Pei's iconic glass pyramid at the Louvre, the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center.
- Solar Gard-specific case study sample: The Department of Energy Building, the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway (Cairns, Australia), Beijing Airport and the National Geographic Society Campus.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/350-year-old-global-glass-technology-pioneer-to-spotlight-advanced-automotive-protection-and-style-solutions-at-sema-2016-300351048.html
SOURCE Solar Gard