4 Tips When Choosing Wire Loom
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With so many options, selecting the correct wire loom can be difficult but knowing the application and environment is a great place to start. Del City is here to help guide you through the decision-making process and ensure ultimate protection of cables or wires.
4 Tips When Selecting Wire Loom:
- Tip 1 - Choose the proper sleeve: Know if the loom will need to be threaded over the cables/wires or whether simply wrapping it around wires is preferable.
- Split vs Non-Split: If the wires need to be accessed on a regular basis, split loom is preferred.
- Tip 2 – Size: Don't buy sleeving that is too small or too large to fit on your application. Measure your wire bundle diameter and choose wire loom that is slightly bigger than the measurement.
- Tip 3 – Select the right material: Depending on the environment, there are numerous materials to choose from that offer protection against a variety of elements such as: moisture, chemicals, vibrations, heat, etc.
- Tip 4 – Temperature: Flame Retardant Split Loom and High Temperature Braided Wire Loom are great options for high temperature situations.
- Manufactured to meet the stringent requirements of the marine and emergency vehicle industries, Flame Retardant Split Loom meets UL94V-2 rating for flame retardancy. Temperature range: -40˚C to 135˚C (-40˚F to 275˚F).
- High Temp Braided Fiberglass Sleeving is coated with resin material to deflect or encapsulate hot temperatures from damaging your sensitive wire, harness or hose. Temperature rating: 649˚C (1200˚F).
These tips should be helpful when making your next cable sleeving purchase. Del City has all your wiring loom needs offered in a variety of materials, sizes and colors. For more information on loom and loom clamps available at Del City or to request a catalog, please call 800.654.4757 or visit http://www.delcity.net.
About Del City
Del City, headquartered in Menomonee Falls, WI, is a direct supplier of electrical and transportation supplies since 1947. Serving the automotive, truck and trailer, marine and RV industries with thousands of professional grade products, including wire, fuses, terminals and switches, Del City offers its customers convenience and customer-friendly service. Look here first for hard to find electrical and transportation supplies. For more information or to request a catalog, visit http://www.delcity.net or call 800.654.4757.
Deanna Hernandez, Del City
SOURCE Del City