DENVER, Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ShopAtHome.com, the largest coupon search engine that connects upwards of 12 million consumers each month to the best deals and cash back savings, today released its back-to-school Buy-havior Report. The report, which tracks consumer search habits on the site, found that the majority of consumers are being budget-smart about back-to-school shopping. Not only are they seeking out the best prices, but they're also shopping early – 48 percent of shoppers polled said they were beginning their shopping a month before the first bell rings.
The focus on shopping at retailers known for their low price points continues a trend that began last year. In August of 2011, Walmart, Target, Sears, Kohl's and jcpenney were among the top retailers for ShopAtHome.com shoppers. With 60 percent of poll respondents reporting that they plan to hit bargain stores this year, the trend is expected to carry through this season as well.
"Students aren't the only ones who have learned a thing or two in the past year. Consumers are getting smarter not only about what they spend their money on, but how they spend it," said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com. "People have learned that, by shopping intelligently, it is possible to spend less without really cutting back."
An analysis of the Buy-havior Report shows the following:
- Bucking the trend. While most are focused on getting the best deals, 38 percent of consumers plan to spend more money this year.
- Dressing to impress. Shoppers estimate they will spend approximately $331.00 on clothing, accessories and shoes this school year.
- Doing their homework. 76 percent of consumers plan to shop the sales more often to help curb back-to-school spending. 53 percent plan to use more coupons.
- It's not always about the brands. 42 percent of shoppers are ignoring brand name items in favor of their less-costly generic counterparts.
- Homework isn't the only thing people procrastinate about. 7 percent of shoppers don't plan on starting their shopping until the first day of school.
With over 18,000 retailers and a 110 percent Cash Back guarantee, ShopAtHome.com delivers the most effective shopping experience by combining all savings tools in one online destination – saving consumers time and money. ShopAtHome.com differentiates itself from other coupon sites with its cash back incentives. Unlike coupons, which are provided by the retailers, all of the cash back offers on ShopAtHome.com come directly from the site itself and show up right alongside the coupons.
For more information, go to the full July 2012 Buy-havior Report.
For more information on ShopAtHome.com, please visit www.ShopAtHome.com.
Founded in 1986 by husband-and-wife team Marc and Claudia Braunstein, ShopAtHome.com is the web's largest provider of online coupons, Cash Back rewards and printable grocery and restaurant coupons. The only destination integrating the best discounts from coupons, deals and Cash Back, the site has evolved from its early roots as the 'Catalog of Catalogs'. Throughout this transformation, the company has kept the same goal – helping improve the shopping experience for millions of shoppers. As a true coupon powerhouse, ShopAtHome.com aims to provide the most savings to consumers whether they're shopping at the grocery store or at their favorite online retailer. For more information visit www.ShopAtHome.com.
Miranda Coykendall or Sara Long